FLASH GROUPON SALE FOR RALLY VIP PASS <--click here before they're gone!
- 2 for $13
- 4 for $24
- 6 for $33
THE BIG DAY: Saturday, October 13, 2018
5K start time: 4:30 p.m.
100-Yard Youth Dash start time: 3:30 p.m.
(Full schedule, including entertainment, is available here.)
LOCATION AND 5K COURSE
College of DuPage Football Stadium (start/finish)
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Same course as 2017 (View map)
USATF certified course with predicted pace lineup
RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP TIME EXTENDED
Race day's weather forecast is 55 degrees and mostly sunny. Perfect for an autumn Sunset 5K! We believe this has led to a surge in registrations and we want to make sure everyone can get their packets.
Race day packet pick-up has been extended and will now take place from 1 to 3 p.m. See map here for location of 5K Headquarters.
The registration fee goes up to $35 tomorrow, so get your friends, family members, butcher, and dentist to sign up now for the low, low price of $30.
Please note: Food Trucks will only serve those with VIP passes until 2 p.m., at which point they open to the general public. Click here for information on the Food Truck Rally VIP Groupon Sale.
RACE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Online 5K and Youth Dash registration is open through Saturday, October 13 at 3 p.m. only at Active.com. For all assistance with online registration, please call Active.com Consumer Support line at (877) 228-4881, option 4.
- General Registration:
- Current price is $30, but it definitely will go up! We're only announcing fee increases on Facebook and in emails.
- Currently Enrolled COD Students: Always only $10.00
- Subject to verification and must provide student ID number at the time of registration
- Kids ages 5-12 and Seniors ages 60+: Always only $15.00
- 100-Yard Youth Dash: Always only $10.00
- Children 4 and under: No need to register for the 5K unless timing is preferred.
Race Day Registration:
- Packet pickup hours of operation have been extended to 1 to 3 p.m.
- Racers are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to retrieve packets during the several pre-race day events (announced soon) to avoid congestion and lines.
- Onsite cash registration will not be available.
- Race day registrants are not guaranteed to receive a race packet with a shirt.
- 5K race day registrations accepted by the Race Director after 3 p.m. are not guaranteed ranking.
100-YARD YOUTH DASH INFORMATION
- 3:30 p.m. start time on football field (south end zone)
- Registration closes at 3 p.m. on race day. Online only at Active.com.
- Three age divisions (4-5, 6-7, and 8-9 years old)
- Participants will receive unchipped bibs.
- $25 Visa gift cards will be awarded to the fastest girls and boys in each age division.
- See the race official at the finish line. Each winner will be required to complete a W-9 per IRS guidelines and be accompanied by an adult to receive awards.
- Unofficially timed with stopwatches and eagle-eyed volunteers.
Don't forget about the Touch-A-Truck, pumpkin painting, and the other free Kid Zone activities!
Teams consist of 3-15 people and can be created at the time of race registration on Active.com.
*New this year* All team members will receive a special gift at the time of packet pickup.
Fastest Team Award
- Each member of the fastest team will receive a $50 Whole Foods gift card!
- The winning team will be based on the average of the top three team members' times.
- The winning team will be announced at 6:00 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally stage.
- All members must be present and complete a W-9 per IRS guidelines to receive prizes. Individuals under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
TO CREATE A TEAM, the person designated as the team captain enters the team name during self-registration. (Decide on the name in advance to save time.)
- Team Captain has the option to require a password for others to join.
- It is suggested that the captain communicate with potential members that the team has been created and what the password is, if any.
TO JOIN A TEAM, you will search for and select the team name during self-registration.
POST-REGISTRATION TEAM FORMATION: Teams may be created after self-registration has occurred by logging into Active.com. Click on "My Events" and modify the existing COD 5K form with the steps listed above.
Additional Teams Information
- Day of registration (online only until 3 p.m.) will be available for new teams or additional team members.
- Teams may have a free professional photo taken on race day near the start line. The Flickr link will be emailed within one week of the event to Team Captains.
- Teams are limited to 15 people each. If larger than 15 members, a second team may be formed, but official times will be totaled separately.
- Only teams with at least three (3) registered members with official times will qualify. If less than three (3) registered members, individual scores will still apply for age group awards.
- Awards will be mailed to team members using addresses provided during online registration.
- Fastest Team winners will not qualify for Top Overall Male or Female.
- When: Between 3:30 and 4 p.m.
- Where: At the 5K start line on the football field
- Then what?: Photos will be emailed to the Team Captain within a week of the event.
- Those who register for the 5K before 3 p.m. on race day will receive a short-sleeved technical shirt in a bag with lots of goodies.
- An individual may collect packets for others as long as they promise to not confuse bib numbers.
Ample free parking will be available on the north side of campus off of Fawell Blvd. in lots A, C, and D, and on the south side of campus off of College Rd in lots 1 and 2. There will be plenty of volunteers and clear signage to direct you to the event from all parking areas.
Accessible parking is available on the north side of College lot 1, but please note that anyone in that lot may not leave the premises while the 5K Run/Walk is occurring between approximately 4:15 and 5:45 p.m. for safety reasons.
AID STATIONS AND COMFORT FACILITIES
There will be an aid station and two water stops along the course to ensure happy and safe participants. Restrooms are located within the Physical Education Center (PEC), just north of the festivities.
- Walkers and strollers are welcome and will be asked to follow the start line signs for a predicted pace lineup.
- Bicycles, in-line skates, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs and strollers) are not allowed.
- This event will proceed rain or shine.
- College of DuPage is a tobacco-free campus.
- All registration payments are final.
- No refunds will be processed unless a doctor's note specifically referencing a need to cancel registration for the College of DuPage Sunset 5K is submitted to COD5K@cod.edu by Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Registrations may not be transferred to another individual.
If you need special accommodations for the 5K Run/Walk, please e-mail COD5K@cod.edu or call Ami Chambers, race co-director, at (630) 942-3823. For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
Stay tuned to this page and Facebook for updates on the 2018 event!
- Review all the 2017 5K action on the Flickr Gallery.
- Smile! Check out photos of fans and the Cubs Trophy!
For More Information:
Saturday, October 13, 2018
COD Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K
Join thousands of your closest friends on Saturday, October 13, 2018 at College of DuPage's Food Truck Rally and 8th annual Sunset 5K Run/Walk. This is a not-to-be-missed west suburban event featuring more than 15 sought-after food trucks, a robust Touch-A-Truck for kids of all ages, and a perfectly paved 5K course on a gorgeous fall day.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage