THE BIG DAY: Saturday, October 13, 2018
5K start time: 4:30 p.m.
100-Yard Youth Dash start time: 3:30 p.m.
(Full schedule will be announced soon and available here.)
LOCATION AND 5K COURSE
College of DuPage Football Stadium (start/finish)
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Same course as 2017
USATF certified course
RACE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Online 5K and Youth Dash registration is open through Saturday, October 13 at 3 p.m. only at Active.com. For all assistance with online registration, please call Active.com Consumer Support line at (877) 228-4881, option 4.
- Register now for $15 (or pay the price!). What price, you ask? We're only announcing fee increases on Facebook and in emails. Sign up for emails to stay updated on all things food trucks and races.
- Currently Enrolled COD Students: Always $10.00
- Subject to verification and must provide student ID number at the time registration.
- Kids ages 5-12 and Seniors ages 60+: Always $15.00
- Of course only $10 during Early Bird days
- 100-Yard Youth Dash- Always $10.00
- Children 4 and under- No need to register unless timing is preferred.
Race Day Registration:
- Packet pickup hours of operation are 2 to 3 p.m. only.
- Racers are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to retrieve packets during the several pre-race day events announced closer to the event to avoid congestion and lines.
- Onsite cash registration will not be available.
- Race day registrants are not guaranteed ranking or to receive a race packet, including official race tech shirt and drawstring backpack.
100-YARD YOUTH DASH INFORMATION
- $10 per participant
- 3:30 p.m. start time on football field
- Three age divisions (4-5, 6-7, and 8-9 years old)
- Participants will receive unchipped bibs.
- $25 Visa gift cards will be awarded to the fastest girls and boys in each age division.
- Unofficially timed with stopwatches and eagle-eyed volunteers.
- Winners will be honored at 6 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally Stage.
Don't forget about the Touch-A-Truck, Ride-Along, and all the other Kid Zone activities!
- Teams consist of 3-15 people and can be created at the time of race registration on Active.com.
- *New this year* All team members will receive a special gift at the time of packet pickup.
Fastest Team Award
Each member of the fastest team over the age of 18 on race day will receive a $50 Whole Foods gift card! The winning team will be based on the average of the top three team members' times and announced at 6:00 p.m. from the Food Truck Rally stage.
- TO CREATE A TEAM, the person designated as the team captain enters the team name during self-registration.
(Decide on the name in advance to save time.)
- Team Captain has the option to require a password for others to join.
- It is suggested that the captain communicate with potential members that the team has been created and what the password is, if any.
- TO JOIN A TEAM, you will search for and select the team name during self-registration.
- POST-REGISTRATION TEAM FORMATION: Teams may be created after self-registration has occurred by logging into Active.com. Click on "My Events" and modify the existing COD 5K form with the steps listed above.
Additional Teams Information
- Day of registration (online only) will be available for new teams or additional team members.
- Teams may have a free professional photo taken on race day near the start line from 3:45 to 4:15 p.m., which will be emailed within one week of the event to Team Captains.
- Teams are limited to 15 people each. If larger than 15 members, a second team may be formed, but official times will be totaled separately.
- Only teams with at least three (3) registered members with official times will qualify. If less than three (3) registered members, individual scores will still apply for age group awards.
- Awards will be mailed to team members using addresses provided during online registration.
- Fastest Team winners will not qualify for Top Overall Male or Female.
- Registered 5K participants will receive a short-sleeved technical shirt in a drawstring backpack.
- We STRONGLY ENCOURAGE racers to pick up packets before race day to avoid congestion and lines during the short one hour that packet pickup will be open on Saturday, October 13 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- An individual may collect packets for others as long as they promise to not confuse bib numbers.
- Dates and locations of pre-event packet pickup announced closer to the big day.
Ample free parking will be available on the north side of campus off of Fawell Blvd. in lots A, C, and D, and on the south side of campus off of College Rd in lots 1 and 2. There will be plenty of volunteers and clear signage to direct you to the event from all parking areas.
AID STATIONS AND COMFORT FACILITIES
There will be an aid station and two water stops along the course to ensure happy and safe participants. Restrooms are located within the Physical Education Center (PEC), just north of the festivities.
- Walkers and strollers are welcome and will be asked to position themselves behind the runners at the starting line.
- Bicycles, in-line skates, other wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs and strollers) are not allowed.
- This event will proceed rain or shine.
- College of DuPage is a tobacco-free campus.
- All registration payments are final. No refunds will be processed unless a doctor's note specifically referencing a need to cancel registration for the College of DuPage Sunset 5K is submitted to COD5K@cod.edu by Friday, Oct. 12, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Registrations may not be transferred to another individual.
If you need special accommodations for the 5K Run/Walk, please e-mail COD5K@cod.edu or call Ami Chambers, race co-director, at (630) 942-3823. For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
Stay tuned to this page and Facebook for updates on the 2018 event! Sign up to receive emailed updates here.
- Review all the 2017 5K action on the Flickr Gallery.
- Smile! Check out photos of fans and the Cubs Trophy!
For More Information:
2016 Sunset 5K
More than 1,100 people representing over 100 towns and six states stepped off in the 6th annual COD Sunset 5K.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage