COD at a Glance
College of DuPage Institutional Profile
- Among the state's public colleges and universities, College of DuPage, with more than 28,000 students, is the second largest provider of undergraduate education in the State of Illinois, after University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- More than 25 percent of all District 502 high school graduates attend College of DuPage during their college career.
- Each semester, around 28,000 students attend College of DuPage.
- The Glen Ellyn campus covers 273 acres and has eleven major buildings.
- COD currently has 82 total degree programs – Nine associate degrees are granted by College of DuPage; 74 are associate in applied science degrees in 42 different career and technical subject areas. In addition to associate degrees, the College offers 178 certificates in 53 different career and technical subject areas.
- Roughly 20 percent of students attending COD already possess a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The College of DuPage Library maintains a collection of 245,800 books, 285,000 microfiche, 29,500 video recordings (VHS and DVD), 20,700 sound recordings (CDs), 527 current periodical subscriptions (7,900 bound periodical back files), and 18 newspapers.
- There are more than 60 student clubs and organizations on campus.
- College of DuPage is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
News at COD
COD student Kristina Clancy marked the official opening of the College's Fuel Pantry during a ribbon cutting ceremony attended by COD students, faculty and staff.Read More
While the team roster has yet to be finalized, newly appointed Head Coach Bob Cervenka said he's eager to raise the program's profile, reestablishing the College as a national contender.Read More
The College sponsored one of the dozens of trees on display to commemorate COD's 50th anniversary year. Chartered in 1965 and opening its doors in 1967, College of DuPage was originally formed from 10 high school districts.Read More
A team of College of DuPage students is currently in first place for the Midwest Region after the first round of the Student Math League (SML) competition.Read More
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage