Internship Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the academic internship approval process take?
The academic approval process takes 5-10 business days once all completed paperwork is received by Career Services. Students are encouraged to begin the process early to allow for all.
- My internship site requires that I receive academic credit for my internship. Can
College of DuPage guarantee I can receive this credit?
All internships, regardless of employer requirements, need to be approved by the Career Services Center and the appropriate academic department. Each internship is evaluated based on the internship job description, academic assignments and learning outcomes established by the student, employer and faculty advisor.
- I have secured an internship but the semester has already started. Can I still pursue
the academic internship?
Each internship must occur during a COD academic term. Some options do exist once the semester has started, however, students should schedule a meeting with Career Services to discuss all options and factors.
- I am not currently enrolled at the College of DuPage. Can I still pursue the academic
Students who are not currently enrolled at the College of DuPage should consult the Career Services Center to determine if they are eligible for an academic internship.
- Do I have to pursue academic credit for my internship?
No. Students can pursue internship opportunities without pursuing academic credit.
- I can find the internship course for my discipline in MyAccess but it won’t let me
All internship courses require a permit to register. Permits are only issued after the student has received approval for his or her academic internship. Please review the Academic Internship Requirements and the Internship Checklist for information about this process.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage