Student Internship Information
Many students pursue internships to gain valuable work experience. Career Services is available to help with this process.
Securing an Internship
Students who need assistance with the internship search process are encouraged to register for and attend an Internship Search and Success Seminar. These sessions are designed to provide students with the tools necessary to find and secure an internship. A variety of workshop days and times are offered.
Students who cannot make an Internship Search and Success Seminar should contact Career Services to set up an individual appointment.
Academic Internships (Internships for credit)
Many College of DuPage students pursue academic internships, or internships that allow the student to earn College of DuPage credit. Some College of DuPage programs even require that students successfully complete an internship as part of the program requirements.
Students who are interested in pursuing academic credit should take note of the following requirements and academic approval process. Any student enrolled in a program requiring an internship should consult their academic department first, before starting the approval process. Not all required internships follow the process outlined below.
Students who have secured an internship and would like to pursue academic credit should:
- Review the Academic Internship Requirements
- Review Internship Checklist information
- Consult the Summer 2014 Academic Internship Deadlines or the 2014-2015 Academic Internship Deadlines
- Schedule a meeting with the Assistant Manager for Career Services by calling 630-942-2230.
- Review all Academic internship forms
- Review Internship FAQ’s
- Create Your Own Internship
- Disney College Program
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Internship Websites
- Internship Criteria
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258, (630) 942-2230
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2014 College of DuPage