Chaparral Career Advantage Workshops - Schedules
The following Chaparral Career Advantage workshops are free (unless otherwise noted) and open to all students, alumni, and community members. Student registration is available in Chap Life - visit ChapLife.cod.edu. On-site registration will be available for alumni and community members day of the workshop. Walk-ins are welcome.
Questions can be directed to Career Services at (630) 942-2230.
For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
Pre-registration is required for this workshop. Interested participants may call (630) 942-2230 or visit Career Services in SSC 3258 to register. Registration closes 1 week prior to the listed workshop date.
The following steps must be completed at least one week prior to attending this workshop.
- Register for one of the sessions listed below.
- Stop in Career Services, SSC 3258, to pick up a permit for the SDS assessment.
- At least one week prior to the workshop, take the permit to COD Specialized Testing Center in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A08 and complete the SDS assessment. The assessment should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and the cost is $10.
- Assessment results and interpretation will be distributed and discussed at your scheduled
The following dates and times are available for registration:
- Thursday, Sep. 20 - 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3421
- Wednesday, Oct. 17 - Noon to 1:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3439
- Tuesday, Nov. 13 - 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3421
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 - 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
Disability Awareness Month:
Finding Inclusive Employers Workshop
In Honor of Disability Awareness Month, Career Services is offering a workshop to help students with disabilities navigate the job search process. This session will provide tips and insight for identifying employers who are recognized as inclusive. Job search strategies, tips, and information related to disclosure and self-ID will be discussed. Every experience and perspective is unique. This workshop will not assess situations on an individual basis and will provide more generalized information to help students determine the approach that will work best for them.
- Thursday, Oct. 25 - 3 to 4 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
Selling Your Strengths Workshop*
Navigating the job search with a disability can be challenging. In honor of Disability Awareness Month, Career Services is offering a session for students with disabilities to build effective networking skills and learn how to sell their strengths. Networking is the number one way to gain a referral, obtain a job lead, and make a connection. Students will have the opportunity to learn from successful professionals, alumni, and faculty about what it takes to make a positive impression and will be given the chance to practice in this session.
*Due to space limitations, the Selling Your Strengths event is open to current COD students only. All interested students must register in Chaps Life.
- Tuesday, Oct. 30 - 9 to 11 a.m. - Student Services Center (SSC), 3245
- Tuesday, Sep. 11 - 2 to 3:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 - 5 to 6:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Wednesday, Nov. 28 - Noon to 1:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3439
- Wednesday, Sep. 12 - 4 to 5 p.m. - Seaton Computing Center (SCC), 115
- Tuesday, Oct. 23 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Seaton Computing Center (SCC), 119
- Tuesday, Nov. 27 - 4 to 5 p.m. - Seaton Computing Center (SCC), 115
- Thursday, Dec. 6 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Seaton Computing Center (SCC), 119
- Thursday, Sep. 27 - 2 to 3 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
Interested students, alumni or community members can drop-in for a 10-15 minute one-on-one meeting with a Career Specialist in the Career Services Center (SSC), Room 3258 during the following dates and times. Attendees must have a printed copy of their resume to participate. Career Services will not print resumes. First come, first served.
- Thursday, Sep. 20 - Noon to 1 p.m. - SSC 3258
- Wednesday, Oct. 24 - 2 to 3 p.m. - SSC 3258
- Tuesday, Nov. 13 - 1 to 2 p.m. - SSC 3258
Walk In Appointments
Need a resume review, cover letter review, interviewing tips, or other job seeking advice? Stop in SSC 3258 for a half-hour meeting with a Career Specialist. Offered on select days and times. First come, first served.
- Thursday, Aug. 23 - 9 to 11 a.m.
- Thursday, Sep. 13 - 2 to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sep. 26 - 9 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 10 - 2 to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 1 - 9 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 - Noon to 2 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage