Chaparral Career Advantage Workshops - Schedules
The following Chaparral Career Advantage workshops are free (unless otherwise noted) and open to all students, alumni, and community members. Student registration is available in Chap Life - visit ChapLife.cod.edu. On-site registration will be available for alumni and community members day of the workshop. Walk-ins are welcome.
Questions can be directed to Career Services at (630) 942-2230.
For Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, call (630) 942-2141 (voice) or (630) 858-9692 (TDD).
Pre-registration is required for this workshop. Interested participants may call (630) 942-2230 or visit Career Services in SSC 3258 to register. Registration closes 1 week prior to the listed workshop date.
The following steps must be completed at least one week prior to attending this workshop.
- Register for one of the sessions listed below.
- Stop in Career Services, SSC 3258, to pick up a permit for the SDS assessment.
- At least one week prior to the workshop, take the permit to COD Specialized Testing Center in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A08 and complete the SDS assessment. The assessment should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and the cost is $10.
- Assessment results and interpretation will be distributed and discussed at your scheduled
The following dates and times are available for registration:
- Wednesday, June 20 - Noon to 1:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), BIC 3419
- Tuesday, July 24 - 6 to 7:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), BIC 3419
Thursday, April 26 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3461
- Thursday, June 14 - Noon to 1:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Wednesday, July 11 - 5 to 6:30 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Thursday, May 3 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Tuesday, June 12 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Tuesday, July 10 - 4 to 5 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
- Wednesday, August 1 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
Interested students, alumni or community members can drop-in for a 10-15 minute one-on-one meeting with a Career Specialist in the Career Services Center (SSC), Room 3258 during the following dates and times. Attendees must have a printed copy of their resume to participate. Career Services will not print resumes. First come, first served.
- Tuesday, May. 8 - Noon to 1 p.m. - SSC 3258
- Tuesday, June 19 - Noon to 1 p.m. - SSC 3258
- Wednesday, July 18 - Noon to 1 p.m. - SSC 3258
Wednesday, May 23 - Noon to 1 p.m. - Berg Instructional Center (BIC), 3419
Walk In Appointments
Need a resume review, cover letter review, interviewing tips, or other job seeking advice? Stop in SSC 3258 for a half-hour meeting with a Career Specialist. Offered from 2 - 4 p.m. on select Tuesdays and Thursdays. First come, first served.
- Thursday, April 26
- Thursday, May 10
- Thursday, May 17
- Tuesday, July 10
- Tuesday, July 31
- Thursday, August 2
- Tuesday, August 14
Not offered this semester.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
Fax: (630) 942-4596
Summer Hours: June 4 through Aug. 12
Summer hours at COD are in effect June 4 through Aug. 12. During this time, most buildings on the Glen Ellyn campus are closed Fridays to Sundays.
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage