Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Looking to get involved? Take a look at the following list of upcoming volunteer opportunities with these local service organizations that need your help!
- Find your special interest
- Do something with the whole family
- Give back to the community
- Oak Trace Health and Wellness Center needs volunteers for their annual Dog Show Saturday, June 25 at 2 p.m. You can register dogs, walk with dogs for those who need assistance, and pass out water. Call Cathy at (630) 769-6206 to sign up.
- Calling all garage sale pros! Put your talents to use at the annual Oak Trace Rummage Sale Saturday, July 16. Volunteers are needed for set up, pricing, selling, clean up and packing items for donation. For information, call Cathy at (630) 769-6206.
- Be a part of the 17th Annual Woodridge Mini Triathlon Sunday, August 14. Volunteers are needed for both main event and children's triathlon activities. For information or to register, click here.
- Support advancements in brain tumor research and honor the memory of Ryan J. Hanrahan, 30-year old son of COD web and graphic designer Kym Hanrahan, by volunteering for the first annual Grabowski Scramble Friday, September 16 at Prairie Landing Golf Club in West Chicago. Donate, participate or volunteer. Get involved here.
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center needs summer tutors to help children from low-income families acquire and maintain academic and social skills to succeed in grades k through 12. To become a summer volunteer tutor at Lincoln School or Hadley Junior High in Glen Ellyn, email email@example.com.
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at (630) 620-2222.
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs volunteers now. Visit http://dupagepads.org/solutions/volunteer/ to help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
*COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage