Upcoming Community Events
- Run, walk or trot in the 31st Annual Dan Gibbons Turkey Trot, Thanksgiving Day November 27, 2014 at 9 a.m. Proceeds from the event will benefit the West Suburban Community Pantry, DuPage Pads, United Community Concerns Association, People's Resource Center, Loaves & Fishes, and Catholic Charities. Volunteers are also needed the day of the event to help with registration, directing the runners, handing out water, etc. If you have an iPad, iPod or iPhone THEY NEED YOU to help with registration from 6 to 9 a.m. the morning of the race. There is a mandatory training meeting, with dinner provided, Wednesday, November 20 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.. Call Anne Banks for more information: 630.512.9921 ext. 205.
Community Organizations Requesting COD Cares Support
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If you love projects and would like to give back to the community, please contact Linda Gurgone, director of grants, at 630-620-2222 or by email at LindaG@Raygraham.org.
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help. To find out how you can be part of the solution, click the link.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional and affordable housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter. To offer your time and talent, click on the link above.
- Sharing Connections aids low-income families in DuPage County by providing them with new and used furniture and household items. You can make a donation, offer your services or participate in the annual golf outing. Click the link to learn more.
- During the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays Bloomingdale Township and Volunteer Council develop a list of eligible families to put on their "Adopt a Family" list. With your help, they are able to supply hundreds of holiday food baskets to needy Township families. Anyone interested in helping with the Holiday Food Basket program can call for more information at 630-529-9993.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
2014 College of DuPage