Upcoming Volunteer Opportunities
Looking to get involved? Take a look at the following list of upcoming volunteer opportunities with these local service organizations that need your help!
- Find your special interest
- Do something with the whole family
- Give back to the community
- Want a magical way to spend the holiday? Volunteers are needed at the WDSRA Santa House in Naperville Dec. 5 to 8 from 4:30 to 8:15 p.m To volunteer, contact Becca.
- Humanitarian Service Project needs holiday elves to help sort and bag presents for the families they serve during their annual Boxing Party Saturday, Dec. 10. Volunteers are also needed to hand out gift and groceries Dec. 13, 17, 20, 21 and 22. To volunteer, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center needs summer tutors to help children from low-income families acquire and maintain academic and social skills to succeed in grades k through 12. To become a summer volunteer tutor at Lincoln School or Hadley Junior High in Glen Ellyn, email email@example.com.
- The Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Addison is welcoming volunteers to help with customer service, warehouse loading and unloading, and deconstruction of sellable items. To volunteer, call Amanda Muransky (630) 517-2080.
- Enrich your life by helping others through a difficult time as a hospice volunteer with Compassionate Care Hospice. Read, play music or listen to favorite stories as you assist patients and their families. Learn more here.
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at (630) 620-2222.
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs volunteers now. Visit http://dupagepads.org/solutions/volunteer/ to help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
*COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage