Summer Volunteer Opportunities
Looking to get involved on your own or with your family this summer? Take a look at the following list of volunteer opportunities and:
- Find your special interest
- Do something with the whole family
- Give your time to the community
Community Service Opportunities
- B.R. Ryall YMCA needs course cheerleaders, monitors and set up folks for the Y Run 5K and Super Kids Run Saturday, May 19. To volunteer, please contact Katie Sivak.
- Family Shelter Services:
- Immediate openings for hotline assistants to take police calls and complete reports used by their advocates to reach out to victims. Training is provided. To volunteer, email Katie Peterson.
- Spend an hour with a senior citizen who is home-bound through Friendly Visits, a new program hosted by the DuPage Senior Citizens Council. Watch TV, play cards, or just reminisce. Call Toni Pickens at 630-620-0804, ext. 108 for information on volunteer orientation.
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs volunteers now. Visit http://dupagepads.org/solutions/volunteer/ to help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
*COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage