Looking for winter service activities for yourself, friends and family? Take a look at the following list of volunteer opportunities and:
- Find your special interest
- Do something with the whole family
- Give your time to the community
Community Service Opportunities
- DuPage Care Center invites groups to help serve Thanksgiving dinner, provide assistance with holiday parties, and visit with residents this winter. Contact Elizabeth Walker at 630-784-4301 to volunteer.
- Bake your best cookies for young residents of 360 Youth Services group homes. Home made treats are especially appreciated at this time of year. Contact Carolyn Wahlskog to coordinate delivery.
- Family Shelter Service has immediate openings for hotline assistants to take police calls and complete reports used by their advocates to reach out to victims. Training is provided. To volunteer, email Katie Peterson.
- Warm the heart of a local senior through Friendly Visits, a new program hosted by the DuPage Senior Citizens Council. Watch TV, play cards, or just reminisce. Call Toni Pickens at 630-620-0804, ext. 108 for information on volunteer orientation.
- Stock shelves and assist clients at the HCS Family Services Food Pantry this winter. Contact Nancy Nyheim to sign up.
- Serve a meal or help organize the commissary at Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton. Find volunteer options and details here.
Please note that COD Cares compensated service hours are only applicable to group service activities hosted by COD Cares and, therefore, are not applicable to the above list.
*COD Cares About What You Care About
Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage