Event Volunteers Needed:
- The Truffula Shuffula 5K on Sat., April 25 at 9 a.m. in downtown Lombard. Proceeds benefit The Golden Apple Foundation. (marlas5k.com)
- DuPage Human Race on Sat., April 25 at 9 a.m. in Downers Grove. Over 60 non-profits will benefit from the proceeds of this event. Volunteers can register here.
- Charlie's Gift Autism Center will hold the 7th Annual Walk the Walk for Autism on Sun., April 27 at the Community House in Hinsdale. Click here to register or volunteer.
- Metropolitan Family Services Gala at Bobak's Seven Bridges in Woodridge on Fri., May 1 at 5:15 p.m. (email email@example.com)
- NAMI DuPage is holding an evening fundraiser called "A Starry Night" on Sat., May 9 at the Marriott in Naperville. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Chicagoland Muscle Walk to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association at Cantigny Park in Wheaton on Sat., May 16 from 7:30am-12:30pm. (call Becky at 630-598-0700)
- Westmont Relay for Life needs volunteers to set up, work the walk, and clean up on Fri., May 29 at Ty Warner Park. To volunteer, email email@example.com.
- Downers Grove/Woodridge Relay for Life needs volunteers to set up, work the walk, and clean up on Fri. June 26. at McCollum Park. To volunteer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bike to the Lake with pim-africa on Mon., Aug. 8 and help fund the construction of a S.T.E.M. Center at the Kamwenge School in Uganda. Ride from Glen Ellyn to Lake Geneva, WI. Call 312-551-0900 for details.
Ongoing Service Opportunities:
- Ray Graham Association is looking for a few do-it-yourselfers to help assemble grills, exercise bikes and furniture to be used in the many group homes throughout the County. If interested, please email Linda Gurgone, or call her at 630-620-2222..
- DuPage Pads is committed to ending homelessness in our community. Their Interim Housing Program needs your help.
- Midwest Shelter for Homeless Veterans in Wheaton provides transitional housing programs and supportive services to U.S. Veterans of any era to help them out of homelessness and back to useful, productive lives. They are currently looking for assistance with serving meals, painting and landscaping the shelter.
COD Cares About What You Care About
Which charity calls you an "Action Hero"? Email CODCares@cod.edu to tell us about your favorite national or local District 502 organization and why it is special to you! We can include it on this page or add it to our growing list of monthly group service activities.
Ami Chambers, Community Relations Coordinator, (630) 942-3823
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage