Whether as an individual or in a group, College of DuPage students and staff continuously impact our community through service. Here are just a few ways we have made a great impact on the lives of others:
Fall 2018 Activities:
- Roll Up Your Sleeves: On Sept. 11, members of Team NM, Northwestern Medicine's employee-based volunteer program, joined College of DuPage faculty, staff, and students at 15 surprise locations. A total of over 200 people put in a good day's work including cleaning, painting, and restoration at local nonprofit organizations such as schools, nature centers, and food pantries.
- Up To S.N.O.W.Good: College of DuPage staff and students worked hard to Serve the Needs of Others this Winter by fulfilling nonprofit agency wish lists, collecting and wrapping gifts for underprivileged children, and donating gift cards for family clients of DCFS to use on holiday meals.
Spring 2018 Activities:
- Feed My Starving Children: Volunteers packed enough food to fill 32 boxes adding to the evening's total of 112 boxes packed. This equates to 24,192 meals, which will feed 66 children each day for one year!
- Northern Illinois Food Bank: Sorted and packaged 2,890 pounds of potatoes resulting in 578 5.5-pound bags of potatoes, which will provide 2,408 meals for hungry neighbors in Northern Illinois.
- Spring Day of Action - Sustain and Reclaim: We celebrated Earth Week with environmental–friendly activities that supported COD's community garden, local recycling efforts and monarch butterflies.
- Fur and Feathers - COD Cares Spring Day of Action: "Paws" for a cause activities benefiting animal shelters and humane societies.
- Glendale Heights Senior Center: Enjoyed lunch and facilitated a friendly Family Feud competition with seniors.
- Operation Support Our Troops: Sorted and packed familiar American candies and personal hygiene items for troops overseas.
- Special Olympics Spring Games: Supported athletes as they competed in the regional Special Olympics Track & Field Competition on campus
- Phil's Friends: Filled care boxes with feel good essentials for cancer patients.
- #Giving Tuesday: Coordinated on-campus blood drive.
- Teen Parent Connection: Shared a meal and taught crafts to parents and toddlers
- S.C.A.R.C.E.: Sorted, melted and molded new crayons from used, donated crayons
- Glen Ellyn Children's Resource Center: Listened to and read favorite stories with children in after school program
- DuPage Habitat for Humanity: Armed with paint brushes, hammers, and lots of energy, we helped make a house into a home.
- Danada Parson's Grove: Cleared overgrowth on walking trails. View photos.
- Mayslake Village: Visited with residents and recorded special memories.
- Very Merry Un-Birthday Party: Wrapped gifts for children receiving assistance from Humanitarian Service Project (HSP).
- Honor Flight Chicago: Greeted 86 WWII veterans at Midway Airport. View photos.
- Little Friends: Cleared gardens and planted more than 4,000 tulips to brighten the Naperville campus.
- Downers Grove Community Church's Community Cares Kitchen: Prepared and served meals to individuals who are less fortunate. View photos.
- Giving Garland Holiday Party: Wrapped and delivered hundreds of holiday gifts for clients of Humanitarian Service Project (HSP) and Metropolitan Family Services (MFS), Wrote holiday greetings for Hines VA Hospital and DuPage Senior Citizens Council.
Making a house a home with Habitat for Humanity
Serving meals at Downers Grove Caring Kitchen
Cleaning day at DuPage Children’s Museum
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage