COD Cares is a campus-wide program for students and staff to participate together in service activities that benefit communities served by College of DuPage.
Why does COD Care?
Residents of District 502 graciously support College of DuPage. They believe in our mission to be a center for excellence in teaching, learning, and cultural experiences. This show of faith and giving to College of DuPage is a good reminder that, beyond our normal duties, it is valuable to find new and different ways to give back.
Whether you are a new or veteran Action Hero, the way to sign up for the Fall group service activities is the same. Complete the brief online form here or copy and paste this link in your favorite browser: http://conta.cc/2xkyB3y.
When you sign up for activities, it's simply an expression of interest and not a life commitment. We understand schedules change, so you will receive communication from the COD Cares team leading up to the events to confirm your participation.
If you are new to the crew, you'll receive a special COD Cares package with a drawstring backpack and an eye-catching "Action Hero" t-shirt!
Spend time this Fall with other COD Action Heroes making a difference in the lives of others during the COD Cares monthly group service activities!
- Meals and/or refreshments will be provided depending on the length and timeframe of activity.
- Transportation for up to 25 people will be available on a first-come, first- served basis. Unless otherwise specified, buses will depart from and return to the south SRC circle drive (outside of the cafeteria), however participants may drive separately or carpool with others.
- Wednesday, November 15, 2017 (4 to 6:30 p.m.)
- Connect with residents of Willowbrook Corner as you help them select healthy food choices, hear their stories, and assist them to their car with groceries.
- Max 3.5 comp hours are available for COD employees
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017, COD main campus-SRC 2000 (12 to 6 p.m.)
- Give the gift of life during the on-campus blood drive with Lifesource.
- 1-hour blood donation time slot choices will be emailed to volunteers.
- Max 1.5 comp hours are available for COD employees.
Time to roll up your sleeve and give a bit of yourself during the annual #GivingTuesday Blood Drive in the Student Resource Center, Room 2000. Our young ambassador, Max Adduci, is doing great, thanks to people like you! Max reports: "I was able to play fall baseball on the White Sox little league team: got some hits and loved trying to pitch too! I love second grade and my favorite books this fall are The William Hoy Story and Charlotte's Web." Watch Max's video here and learn why it's so important to donate blood.
- Thursday, December 7, 2017, COD Main Campus- SRC 2000 (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Wrap donated gifts for kids, teens, and seniors served by community organizations. Donations of wrapping paper, ribbons and bows will also be accepted.
- This event is associated with the optional Giving Garland Project set to begin in November. Those who volunteer for the wrapping party are not obligated to purchase or donate gifts.
- Max 2 comp hours are available for COD employees.
Compensated Service Hours are available with supervisor approval to encourage participation among employees in COD Cares group service activities listed on the calendar above. Please visit the webpage for specific details on how comp time may be used.
Community Relations Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage