Shared Governance Council Accomplishments
Academic Year 2018-2019
- Reviewed and provided input regarding three procedures and policies for COD during Academic Year 2018-2019.
- Developing and implementing, with plans to manage, an electronic suggestion box for contribution of ideas to improve COD.
- Continue to build a culture of shared governance at COD.
- Developing a central repository for campus committees in an effort to keep people informed and aware of the good work we do across departments.
Academic Year 2017-2018
- Endorsed SLC recommendation to pursue multicultural center proposal.
- Reviewed and provided input regarding eight procedures and policies for COD during Academic Year 2017-2018.
- Reviewed and provided input for the 2018 revision of the Campus Emergency Operations.
- Initiated discussions and began planning for creating a culture of shared governance at COD.
Academic Year 2016-2017
- Engaged with Student Affairs in a review of the procedures for the dropping of students for nonpayment. Student Affairs was able to respond to specific concerns about the process. Subcommittee formed and new procedure established during the subsequent academic year.
- Recommended to remove the delayed registration policy for employees and dependents (also approved by Cabinet).
- Determined and endorsed that Phase I of Active Violence training should be mandatory, but the immersive Phase II would be voluntary.
- Evaluated the request to reinstate a campus health clinic and determined that it was not justified.
- SGC created the SB 2887 task force to review the non-hiring of annuitants in light of the revision of the law. SGC recommended the rehiring of annuitants who were below the threshold for triggering the "affected annuitant" status.
Academic Year 2015-2016 and before
- Recommended the modification of guidelines regarding solicitation on campus in light of first amendment concerns.
- Parking task force (established in 2014) recommendations for elimination of premium parking, creation of a campus shuttle connecting east and west campus, and modification and redistribution of special parking were accepted.
- Recommended support for the installation of stop signs at intersections identified as "critical" in the College's parking lots – particularly near the PE facility.
- Made a recommendation to support the installation of bulletin boards for official College postings of activities at various locations in the Berg Instructional Center (mainly) and other buildings.
- Engaged the Smart Print team in reviewing the performance and efficiency; Made a number of recommendations for improvements.
- Formed and charged the Accreditation Task Force (ATF) to respond to the HLC probation letter in 2015. SGC later reviewed the ATF report and made recommendations to different constituent groups for action.
- Recommended the donation of used PCs rather than sell them.
- Recommended a change to the policy regarding employment outside the College that was accepted by the Board of Trustees.
- The naming of two campus ponds on the initiative of geography students was recommended. These names now appear on the campus maps
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage