Continuing Education Announcements and Upcoming Programs
COACH – Career Opportunity ACHievement
COACH is a two-year (four-term), cohort program for adults with mild intellectual or developmental disabilities. COACH has been developed to provide post-transition students with additional educational training aimed at preparing them for meaningful employment.
COACH programming focuses on:
- Academics: reading, writing, math and computer literacy
- Social and independence skills
- Career exploration
Classes begin the week of Aug. 21, 2017
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tuition: $2,499 per term
An application and interview process applies.
Students must be able to navigate campus independently to participate in the program; aides will not be provided.
Program Goals for Students:
• Demonstrate basic reading and math skills
• Use technology effectively to support academic and career pursuits
• Explore career options to identify a career path
• Practice appropriate workplace behavior
• Participate in on campus job-shadow and internship placement to gain work experience
• Build social skills through interaction with peers and the college population at large
• Develop self-determination through peer mentoring and staff/faculty advisement
• Apply time management skills to effectively manage program expectations
Please print the application and complete it by hand. If the applicant cannot write legibly, a typed application will be accepted. Please submit the completed application along with the following documents:
1) Formal diagnosis
2) Most recent IEP
3) Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a Transition/Vocational Coordinator or teacher
Applications and supporting documentation can be mailed to:
College of DuPage Continuing Education
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Attention: COACH Program
Alternatively, documents may be scanned and emailed to: VocSkills@cod.edu
There is also an interview component to the application process. Applicants selected for an interview will meet independently with program staff.
Relieve your stress at the professional massage clinic on-site at College of DuPage.
Licensed professionals provide a variety of massage therapy options. Receive a special
Book your appointment now! Gift certificates are available.
To register or for detailed program information, call Continuing Education at (630) 942-2208, email CE@cod.edu or register online. To view our complete program listing, see the current Continuing Education Schedule of Classes.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
Summer Hours: June 4 through Aug. 13
Summer hours at COD are in effect June 4 through Aug. 13. During this time, most buildings on the Glen Ellyn campus are closed Fridays to Sundays.
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage