A talented, skilled workforce is at the heart of the economic engine. Professional Development at College of DuPage offers highly focused, skills-based training in business, health care, transportation, law enforcement and more that prepares individuals to succeed in today's competitive job market. We also offer highly customized training for area employers through our Business Solutions team.
- College of DuPage is an approved provider of continuing education to help practicing professionals keep up-to-date in a variety of fields. We supplement our programs with community outreach events such as symposiums, fairs and expos, and are always looking for innovative ways to help businesses and individuals fund their training needs.
We offer courses and programs in the following areas:
Bartending, Food Safety and Wine Certification
Call (630) 942-2208 for details.
Career Step, Ed2Go, Gatlin, Online Test Prep and Online CNE
New! OSHA 10-Hour Program
Workplace safety and health training for employees.
Training will cover:
• Introduction to OSHA
• Walking working surfaces, including fall protection
• Personal protective equipment
• Exit routes, emergency action plans, fire prevention plans and fire protection
• Hazard communication
• Safety and health programs
• Bloodborne pathogens
Optional: machine guarding, materials handling and ergonomics. $140 per employee including OSHA cards and certificates of completion.
PMP certification and PDUs for Project Management professionals
Be sure to view our current Continuing Education catalog for current offerings.
Leading in a Changing World: Five Skills You Need to Thrive
Become a leader who can work creatively with change and uncertainty. Go beyond conventional approaches to management, planning and strategy and learn to innovate in the midst of complexity. In this weekend program, we will explore how our changing world is impacting business, education, health care and other sectors. This experiential workshop brings together educational practices with a practical business focus to meet the demands of today. Call (630) 942-2208 to register or email email@example.com.
Friday, March 13, 6 to 9 p.m.
Saturday, March 14, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
On campus in Glen Ellyn
Agility Advantage: A Program for Directors and Senior Executives
Five Strategies to Make Your Organization More Agile
In today's turbulent and ever-changing business environment, knowing how to compete with agility is crucial to adapt and thrive. This program prepares you to anticipate change, generate confidence, initiate action, liberate thinking and evaluate the results. Call (630) 942-2208 to register or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The program includes:
- Pre-workshop online resources and exercises to enrich your program.
- Experiential activities in the Homeland Security Education Center (team-based simulations).
- Assessment and feedback on your organization's Agility Profile and your personal Leadership Agility Profile™.
- Three individual coaching sessions to focus on your specific leadership and organizational needs.
- Two seats per registration for dining at COD's award-winning Waterleaf restaurant.
Friday, March 20, and Saturday, March 21
On campus in Glen Ellyn
Career Training Grant
College of DuPage Continuing Education is offering the WIA Rapid Response Grant, a
new grant toward selected industry-recognized professional training for veterans and
long-term unemployed individuals.
To determine your eligibility, contact Melissa Fanella, Rapid Response Grant coordinator at (630) 942-2067 or email@example.com.
This grant is funded through the Workforce Investment Act Rapid Response Program—Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 1110, (630) 942-2208
Fax: (630) 942-3785
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage