Disability Employment Initiative IT Career Pathway
The Disability Employment Initiative (DEI) is designed to help students with disabilities facilitate a career in the IT sector by providing them with access to college and community resources, extra guidance at the college level, as well as internships and job shadowing opportunities.
The DEI project is committed to helping students successfully complete IT pathway programs and become gainfully employed.
Benefits of the program include:
- One-to-one career counseling
- job readiness workshops
- Networking in the field with IT professionals
- Internships/job shadowing
- Transportation to internships/job shadowing
- Occupational training
- Grant funding for occupational training
- Access to multiple agency resources
- Access to adaptive technology
- Reasonable accommodations available upon request
- Between the ages of 14 and 24
- Have disclosed a disability
- Live within College of DuPage (District 502) boundaries
This workforce product was funded by a grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration. The product was created by the grantee and does not necessarily reflect the official position of the U.S. Department of Labor. The U.S. Department of Labor makes no guarantees, warranties, or assurances of any kind, express or implied, with respect to such information, including any information on linked sites and including, but not limited to, accuracy of the information or its completeness, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, continued availability, or ownership. This product is copyrighted by the institution that created it. Internal use by an organization and/or personal use by an individual for non-commercial purposes is permissible. All other uses require prior authorization of the copyright owner.
Contact us today to get more information on how the DEI project can help you select an appropriate career pathway, successfully complete the career pathway program and become gainfully employed!
Disability Employment Initiative
Jacqulyn Weaver, DEI Grant Coordinator
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage