Professor, Health Sciences
Office: Health and Science Center (HSC), Room 2202F
- M.S. University of St. Francis
- B.S. Roosevelt University
- A.A.S. Moraine Valley Community college
Areas of Research Interest:
- Legal Aspects affecting Health Care Personnel
- Over 35 years in Sonography as a technologist, instructor, hospital department head, application specialists and owner of a mobile diagnostic sonography business.
Selected Publications, Presentations, Books:
- "Applications of Ultrasound in Patient Diagnosis," Central Chapter, Society of Nuclear Medicine Technologist Section presentation. Spring, 1975.
- "Applications of Ultrasound in the Gastrointestinal System," Central Chapter, Society of Nuclear Medicine Technologist Section presentation, Fall, 1975.
- "Searle Motion Correction and Anatomical Marker," The Society of Nuclear Medicine exhibit, June 1976.
- "The Use of Motion Correction and Anatomical Marker in Nuclear Medicine Procedures," Central Chapter, Society of Nuclear Medicine Technologist Section presentation, Spring, 1977.
- "Diagnosis of Cold Thyroid Nodules with Radionuclide Scans and Ultrasound," The Society of Nuclear Medicine presentation, June 1977.
- "Nuclear Medicine and Ultrasound Patient Procedures," presented to the nursing staff at: Grant Hospital, 1977 and Edwards Hospital, 1979.
- Ciez, T., "Scanning for the Beginner in Ultrasound," Searle Ultrasound, 1979.
- "Does Further Improvements in Anger Gamma Camera Intrinsic Resolution Lead to More Accurate Diagnosis?" The Society of Nuclear Medicine presentation, June 1982.
- "The Clinical Applications of Magnification and Rotation Devices for Improved Display of Clinical Images," The Society of Nuclear Medicine exhibit, June 1983. (FOURTH PLACE AWARD)
- "Does Further Improvements in Anger Gamma Camera Intrinsic Resolution Lead to More Accurate Diagnosis?" Journal of Nuclear Medicine, February 1984.
- Ciez, T., Haerten, R., "Clinical Applications of Single Photon Emission Computerized Tomography in Nuclear Medicine," Siemens Electromedical Journal, January 1984.
- "New Trends in Diagnostic Medical Sonography" Diagnostic Medical Imaging Continuing Education Conference, Faculty, College of DuPage, November, 2005.
- "Applications of Breast Sonography for Mammographers and Sonographers" AQI Seminar, Faculty, May and June 2006.
Certification and Licensures :
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (CNMT)
- American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
- Abdomens & Superficial Structures
- Adult Cardiac
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Administrative Positions Held:
- Department Head Nuclear Medicine/Ultrasound Grant Hospital
- Manager Professional Education Siemens
- Vice President B&C Imaging Consultants
- American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine
- Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Society of Nuclear Medicine Technology
Awards and Recognitions:
- Outstanding Achievement in School of Nuclear Medicine Technology - Northwestern Memorial Hospital - 1974.
- Meritorious Service Award, University of St. Francis - 2005.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2014 College of DuPage