Tel.: (630) 942-2536
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2516B
Areas of Research Interest:
Recent Courses Taught:
- English 0481, 0482, 0483 - Developmental Reading
- English 0491, Developmental Writing
- Creating Professional Development opportunities for Reading in the Content Areas at College of DuPage
- Assuming Lead Teacher responsibilities for Developmental English courses and modules in the Center for Independent Learning
- Organizing Guest Reader Week (reading stories to children in COD's Child Care and Development Center), an activity sponsored by the Reading Assistance Area
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- Thiede, K.W. & Anderson, M.C.M. (2003). Summarizing can improve metacomprehension accuracy. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 28, 129-160.
- Thiede, K.W., Anderson, M.C.M. & Therriault, D. (2003). Accuracy of metacognitive monitoring affects learning of texts. Journal of Educational Psychology, 95, 1, 66-73.
- Anderson, M. (1994).A literary collage of rural life. Journal of Research in Rural Education, 10, 2, 122-125.
- Anderson, M. (Author). (1995). Young voices. (Cassette Recording, Rural Audio Journal, 4,1). Oak Brook, IL. North Central Regional Educational Laboratory.
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago
- C.A.S. Reading, National- Louis University
- M.A. Communication Education, University of Iowa
- B.A. Speech, University of Northern Iowa
2012 College of DuPage