Tel.: (630) 942-2709
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2615G
Areas of Research Interest:
- Folklore Studies and Ethnography
- Feminist and Sexualities Theories, and 20th Century American literature.
Recent Courses Taught:
- English 1101
- English 1102
- English 1160 (Native American Literature)
- English 1150 (Short Fiction)
- Working on a folklore studies textbook.
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- "Stories of Ruth: An Ethnography of the Dunne Girls." Journal of American Folklore. Winter, 2005.
- "'The Same Damn Stories': A Variation On Tradition in Sherman Alexie's The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. Southern Folklore, 57: 2. Winter 2001.
- Three articles titled "Folk Belief," "Homeless Women," and "Applied Folklore" in The Encyclopedia of Women's Folklore and Folklife. Edited by Theresa Vaughn, forthcoming December 2007.
- Past presentations include papers delivered at the American Folklore Society meetings,
the College Composition and Communication Conference, the Midwest Modern Language
Association conference, and the Louisville 20th Century Studies Conference.
- B.A., Eastern Illinois University;
- M.A., University of Missouri-Columbia, ABD University of Missouri-Columbia.
- Ph.D., University of Missouri-Columbia (English, Folklore Studies, and Women's and
Awards and Recognitions:
- Short center-fielder for the Chanimals, the English department softball team at the University of Missouri. Win/loss record for 2000-2003: 1 and 45.
2012 College of DuPage