Sheryl Mylan, Ph.D.
Tel.: (630) 942-3262
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2C06F
Areas of Research Interest:
- Developmental composition
- American modernism and postmodernism
Recent Courses Taught:
- Developmental English
- American literature survey II
- American modernist fiction
- The Jazz Age
- Postmodern American fiction
- Developmental text—focus on the visual
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- Voices and Visions: An Integrated Approach to Reading and Writing
- "Sight and Insight: Mental Imagery and Visual Thinking in the Composition Classroom"
- "The Mother as Other: Orientalism in Maxine Hong Kingston's The Woman Warrior"
- "'Witness the Words Being Born': The Miscarriage of Language in William Carlos Williams'
- Ph.D. English University of California-Riverside
- M.A. English San Diego State University
- B.A. English Southern Illinois University
Awards and Recognitions
- Nominated to serve on the Executive Committee for the Assembly of the Expanded Perspectives in Learning
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage