Associate Professor, Speech Communication
Tel.: (630) 942-2446
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2615N
Areas of Research Interest:
- Public Sphere studies
- Rhetoric of the marketplace
- Human communication ethics
- Organizational culture and worklife
Recent Courses Taught:
Fundamentals of Speech Communication, Speech Communication for ESL, Business and Professional Communication , Public Relations
Selected Publications, Presentations, Performances, Books:
- "Reframing the 'Conversation' on Sustainability as Ethical Marketplace Dialogue." Presented at the Community College Humanities Association Conference, Cleveland OH, 2010.
- "Psychology, Propaganda, and Manipulation: A Rhetorical Perspective on the Bernaysian Formula of Public Relations." Presented at the Annual Conference of the Speech Communication Association of Pennsylvania, State College, PA, 2000.
- "Merchant in the Marketplace of Ideas: The Social Obligations of Public Relations and Journalism." Presented at the Annual Convention of the American Journalism Historians Association, Pittsburgh, PA, 2000.
- "Edward Bernays: Public Relations Visionary or Failed Craftsman." Presented at the Annual Conference of the Speech Communication Association of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, PA, 1999.
- "Additive Change: Unobtrusive Advertising for Academic Journals." Presented at the
14th Annual Conference of the North American Serials Interest Group, Pittsburgh, PA,
- Ph.D. in Rhetoric, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- M.A. in Communication, Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, PA.
- B.A. i Film/Video Brooks Institute, Santa Barbara, California
OTHER ACADEMIC PREPARATION
- Indiana University, Bloomington, IN (Major: Political Science)
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage