Assistant Professor, Philosophy/Religious Studies
Tel.: (630) 942-2172
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2615H
Areas of Research Interest:
- Philosophy of Language
- Philosophy of Religion
- Ancient Philosophy
- Feminist Philosophy
- Islamic Philosophy
Work in Progress:
- The Metaphysics of the Real Presence (+30,000 words)
- A Defense of Lewis' Argument against Property-Indexing (10,000 words)
- "A New Puzzle of Material Coincidence" (10,000 words)
- "The Psychological Account of Personal Identity and the Duplication Problem" (7,500 words)
- "Four-Dimensionalism and Persistence: A Crazy Metaphysic Indeed"
- "Assurance of Salvation: Some Philosophical Issues"
- "The Doctrine of Justification by Faith Alone through Grace Alone: Some Philosophical Issues"
Review of Hina Azam, Sexual Violation in Islamic Law: Substance, Evidence, and Procedure, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2015. Journal of Islamic Studies, published online December 9, 2016.
Review of Catharina Raudvere, Islam: An Introduction, London: I.B. Tauris, 2015. Journal of Islamic Studies, published online May 5, 2016.
Awards and Honors:
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Magna cum laude, departmental honors in philosophy, Founders' Day Award (NYU)
- Yale University Fellowships
- Ph.D. Philosophy - Yale University
- M.A. Philosophy - Yale University
- B.A. Philosophy - New York University
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage