Physical Education Center (PEC)
- The Physical Education Center opened in 1983 and features a 40,000 square-foot main arena, an indoor track, racquetball courts and swimming pool.
- Chaparral Fitness is accessible by both students and the community. Memberships are available for the use of these facilities as well as the pool and arena.
- Credit and non-credit physical education courses are offered in the center, along with wellness assessment programs.
- The center is the home base to nine men's sports teams and eight women's sports teams.
- A $24 million renovation was completed at the end of 2013. Approximately 83,000 square feet of the existing 130,000 square feet were addressed, including the transformation of the south entrance into a more visible main entrance that will include a lobby, concession area, entrance into the arena and open stairway to the second level. A new 14,000 square-foot Varsity Athletic addition on the south side of the center houses facilities for the student athletes, including men's and women's locker rooms, a strength lab and a training room. The existing fitness center is now on the center's second level and called Chaparal Fitness. .
Remodel of the Physical Education Center
College of DuPage will begin extensive renovations on the Physical Education Center in summer 2012, including construction of a one-story addition, to create a multi-use educational and recreational environment.
2014 College of DuPage