Technical Education Center (TEC)
- Completed in fall of 2010, this $50 million facility was funded through proceeds from a successful 2002 capital referendum.
- It is approximately 178,000 square feet.
- The TEC houses the College's Architecture, Interior Design, Horticulture, Automotive Technology, Computer-Aided Design, Construction Management, Electro-Mechanical Technology, Electronics-Integrated Engineering Technology, HVAC-R, Manufacturing Technology and Welding Technology programs.
- This building includes 31 classrooms, 16 state-of-the-art laboratories to accommodate 1,400 students, as well as space for raw material and vehicular storage. In addition, an adjacent greenhouse provides a hands-on laboratory for Horticulture students.
- The LEED-certified center has two windmills and four solar panels on its roof to provide students with hands-on study of emerging wind/solar energy technologies.
- This facility is on-trend with the College's role as the largest provider of workforce education in this region.
Architect/Engineer: DeStefano + Partners
Construction Manager: Gilbane Building Company
2014 College of DuPage