Assistant Director Application
Since 1996, ICISP has been sending an individual from an ICISP institution to serve as assistant director. The position provides the opportunity to gain international experience and assist in all aspects of leading a study abroad program. Note: The ICISP Assistant Director must be an employee at an ICISP member institution.
Responsibilities of ICISP Assistant Director
- Recruit students
- Participate in two-day pre-departure orientation at College of DuPage, held on a Friday and Saturday in May
- Work as a team with the COD directors in administering the program in Costa Rica
- Perform other duties as needed by ICISP and/or COD
- Interest in studying and learning about Costa Rica
- Good interpersonal relations with students and colleagues
- Commitment to professional development
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to different cultural settings
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable but not required (formal language study in Costa Rica
is encouraged, where appropriate)
COD will screen candidates and recommend up to three candidates for interviews. Finalists will be interviewed and a selection made by a team of COD faculty and an ICISP representative.
ICISP Member Institution Commitment
- Salary while in Costa Rica (as determined by home institution.)
- Release time, if necessary, to participate in recruitment activities and 2-day orientation
- Room and board in Costa Rica
- Round-trip air transportation to Costa Rica
- All administrative expenses related to project management and student supervision
while in Costa Rica
Out-of Pocket Expenses
- All meals not provided in the housing arrangements in Costa Rica
- Transportation to and from the orientation at COD
- Transportation to and from O'Hare Airport
- Miscellaneous expenses related to obtaining documents such as passport, etc.
- Application will be due by October 15 each year, but will continue to be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
- All duties, as outlined and appropriate, will commence as soon as the candidate is selected.
Field and Experiential Learning, Study Abroad and Global Education
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 3520
General inquiries: (630) 942-2356
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage