Literacy 0413 - Beginning Reading III
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Fundamental course for emergent readers. Students will develop proficiency in using the print-sound code to read regularly and irregularly spelled words automatically. More reading is done independently and silently. Students begin to discuss features of different kinds of texts and to examine different parts of one text to see how the information is connected. Vocabulary is built through defining unfamiliar words and through exploring a word's functions and forms. Students also keep a personal vocabulary list and a reading log. This course may require visits to the Writing and Reading Assistance Area. This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
- Satisfactory completion of assignments, including reading 100 minutes a week
- Performance on tests and quizzes
- Instructor observation of student progress
- Attendance and participation
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749