Literacy 0421 - Beginning Writing |
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Writing fundamentals course for emergent writers. Students will write frequently for a variety of purposes and begin to gain confidence as a writer, using whatever means are at hand to communicate and make meaning, including drawing , letter strings, letter approximations, and dictation. Students will learn about the writing process and use elements as appropriate to communicate ideas that are important to them. Language use and conventions will be learned so that student writing contains a high proportion of correctly spelled high-frequency words. This course may require visits to the Writing and Reading Assistance Area. This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
- At least four pieces of writing that show planning, revising, and editing
- Satisfactory completion of assignments, including evidence of frequent writing
- Performance on tests and quizzes
- Instructor observation of student progress
- Attendance and participation
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2012 College of DuPage