Math 0405 - Study Skills: Math Anxiety
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Basic course designed for students who want to reduce or manage math anxiety. Students examine underlying issues that contribute to math anxiety; discuss various learning styles; assess own learning style; learn ways to accommodate an instructor's teaching style; and learn strategies and techniques to effectively cope with math anxiety. This course may be taken three times for credit.. This course can only be taken on a pass/fail basis. Prerequisite: Consent of instructor is required. (1 lecture hour)
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Supplemental Video: College Success Skills: Sweating Out Test Anxiety
Weekly appointment is required.
This course is graded on a pass/fail (S/F) basis. A passing grade will be given if the student attends weekly appointments with a math instructor and completes required textbook assignments. A commitment to study 2-4 hours per week is required to complete assigned work.
Session 1 Defining Math Anxiety, Its Origins and Causes
Chapter 10, (B)
Session 2 Chapter 1: 1.1-1.8 A New Beginning
Session 3 Chapter 1: 1.9
Session 4 Chapter 2: 2.1, 2.2 Study Skills
Session 5 Chapter 3: 3.1-3.3Think About Your Thinking
Session 6 Chapter 7(B)
Session 7 Chapter 4: 4.1-4.4Zero in on Your Beliefs
Session 8 Chapter 5 (C), Chapter 6 (C)
Session 9 Chapter 5: 5.1-5.2Your Positive Reactions
Session 10 Chapter 6: 6.1Testing and Troubleshooting
Session 11 Video & Handouts
Session 12 Chapter 7: 7.1
Session 13 Chapter 7: 7.2-7.3
Session 14 Chapter 7: 7.4-7.5
Session 15 A Look Ahead
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
2014 College of DuPage