Writing 0461 - Writing for College
This is an information sheet only, not the course syllabus.
Allows students and instructor to identify one or more areas of writing development that will prepare them for college-level writing assignments. Students and instructor will agree on the writing goals and then create and execute a plan, based on a student writing sample, which will result in improvement in the targeted area. This course may be taken three times for credit.
Follow the instructions below to locate information on the textbook and other materials
for this course.
1. Click on myACCESS.
2. Click on Search for Credit Classes.
3. From the Term drop-down box select the term.
4. Choose your course from the Subjects drop-down menu.
5. In the Course # field, enter your course number.
6. In the Section field, enter the course section number if known.
7. From the Course Types drop-down menu select Flexible Learning.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on SUBMIT.
9. Click on the Section Name and Title link.
10. Click on Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies and course material information will be displayed.
Alternatively, you can visit the COD Bookstore website to find this information.
Some assignments use the following websites:
Paradigm Online Writing Assistant—http://www.powa.org
Online Writing Lab (from Purdue University)—http://owl.english.purdue.edu
Attendance required at weekly appointment.
Students will be evaluated by one or more of the following:
- satisfactory completion of assignments for any of the stages of writing
- performance on formal and informal assessment of writing
- conferences with instructor
- Class attendance and participation may also be a factor in evaluation.
You will receive a letter grade ("A," "B," "C," or "F,") for this course.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
Fax: (630) 942-3749
2012 College of DuPage