Placement Test Workshops
Do You Need to Take A COMPASS Placement Test?
- Send your ACT scores to the Records Office. Depending on
your score, you may not be required to take all of the placement tests. For further details visit: www.cod.edu/testing.
- If you are required to take the tests, most can be taken twice in a two-year period. To be granted a third opportunity to take the reading and writing placement test, you may participate in a process offered by Writing, Reading, Speech Assistance. Details of the process are outlined here.
- The second attempt at the Math Placement Test must be taken within 28 days of the first attempt.
- Our 45-minute workshops can help you make the most of each attempt. Workshops are offered throughout the year.
- Join us in the Learning Commons (SRC 2102) for one of the following sessions:
Spring 2014 COMPASS Placement Test Workshops
The COMPASS reading workshop helps students get accustomed to the test format. The workshop provides an overview of the test, sample questions, and study aids. In addition, a review of test-taking strategies help students gain confidence and sharpen their skills.
Thursday, January 23, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 29, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 11, 2:00 p.m.
Monday, February 24 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 12, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 26, 6:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 10, 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 23, 2:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 1, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 7, 6:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13, 1:00 p.m.
Monday, May 19, 1:00 p.m.
The COMPASS writing workshop will include a "refresher" on essay structure and development. Also covered are resources to study, test taking tips, and understanding the test directions. Students attending the workshop will review the writing process and will have a realistic idea of what is required.
Thursday, January 23, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 29, 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 11, 3:00 p.m.
Monday, February 24, 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 12, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 26, 7:00 p.m.
Thursday, April 10, 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 23, 3:00 p.m.
Thursday, May 1, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 7, 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13, 2:00 p.m.
Monday, May 19, 2:00 p.m.
My Math Test is a free, online math practice program used to prepare for the COMPASS Math Placement Test. The workshop does not include math instruction, but guides problem-solving. During the workshop participants will register for My Math Test, learn how to navigate the program, and become familiar with Take a Test and the Study Plan created just for you. Following the session, work in the program can be completed from any computer with internet access.
Thursday, January 23, 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, February 11, noon
Monday, February 24, 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 12, 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday, March 26, noon
Thursday, April 10, 11:00 a.m.
Wednesday, April 23, 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 7, 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, May 13, 11:00 a.m.
Monday, May 19, 11:00 a.m.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102, (630) 942-3941
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance
Flexible Learning Courses
2014 College of DuPage