ELA Conversation Circles are:
- FREE for COD students
- a wonderful way for a group of COD students who are enrolled in ELA classes to practice English outside of class.
- led by patient and knowledgeable tutors who are trained to work with ELA students.
- a group of non-native English speaking students reading and discussing an ELA newspaper, News for You, and participating in other activities developed by the tutors.
- helpful for students to improve reading and writing in English.
- an opportunity for students to listen and speak in English to natives and non-natives.
- great for students to gain confidence speaking in English, either one-on-one or in small, focused groups.
- a place to develop thinking in English.
- an opportunity to practice English for higher ELA courses (0955, 0956, and 0958), other COD courses or for a job.
- ELA Conversation Circles - SRC 2102
- ELA Conversation Circles -
- ELA Conversation Circles - TEC 1016B
- ELA Conversation Circles -Online
- The Learning Commons provides one-on-one assistance for students taking ELS writing, reading, listening, and grammar classes.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102, (630) 942-3941
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage