Writing, Reading, and Speech Workshops
Do You Want to Improve Your Skills?
Join us at the following 45-minute workshops conducted by part-time faculty in the Learning Commons, SRC 2102. Call (630) 942-3355 for more information and to register. If you are unable to attend, video recordings are available for some workshops.
Fear of Public Speaking
Tuesday, June 13, 1 p.m.
Learn the sources of public speaking anxiety and strategies to try to overcome that
Getting Organized in Writing
Thursday, June 15, 1 p.m.
Learn techniques to organize ideas and to begin drafting your essay.
Creating Effective Visual Aids
Tuesday, June 20, 1 p.m.
Learn strategies for creating impactful visual aids.
Paragraphs - Introductions and Conclusions
Tuesday, June 27, 1 p.m.
Learn strategies for writing effective introductions and conclusions.
Thursday, June 29, 1 p.m.
This workshop focuses on proper oral citations and best practices for avoiding plagiarism in speeches.
Thursday, July 6, 1 p.m.
Learn strategies to avoid the plagiarism trap when researching and writing an academic essay.
If you can't attend one of our workshops, some of them can be viewed online.
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- CRAAP Sources - Presented by a Speech Librarian
- Editing - Subject-Verb and Pronoun Agreement
- Getting Organized in Writing
- Paragraphs: Introductions and Conclusions
- Patterns of Organization in Academic Writing
- Run on Sentences
- SAP Financial Aid Appeal Letter
- The Writing Process: Getting Started
- The Writing Process: Editing Fixing Modifiers
- Transfer and Scholarship Essays
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102, (630) 942-3941
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage