Our coaches work to:
- Listen carefully to the student’s explanation of the assignment and help the student deepen his or her sense of understanding.
- Help the student carefully plan the most effective strategies for achieving his or her purpose and improving his or her skills.
- Take instructor's comments and evaluations seriously, as part of the learning process within which the student must operate.
- Provide a non-threatening environment and a safe place for students to talk about their work.
Our ultimate aim is to develop better writers, readers, and presenters!
Our coaches will NOT:
- Provide proofreading or editing services.
- Write papers for students.
- "Correct" papers.
- Ignore problems in grammar, spelling, and usage.
- Criticize or otherwise undermine faculty members.
- Question a professor's methods or goals for instruction.
Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 2102, (630) 942-3941
Learning Commons West
Technical Education Center (TEC), Room 1016B, (630) 942-3960
Writing, Reading, and Speech Assistance
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage