Concordia University Chicago – Bachelor of Arts in Healthcare Management
The Bachelor of Arts degree in Healthcare Management 3+1 program with Concordia University Chicago is a great way to continue your education. Students are required to complete an Associate in Applied Science degree in Anesthesia Technology, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography, Management, or Respiratory Care at College of DuPage in order to be eligible for the program.
Before you Begin
College of DuPage maintains an open enrollment policy. To attend, you must be ONE of the following:
- 18 years of age
- A high school graduate
- A GED completer
Once accepted to College of DuPage, students must complete a series of prerequisites in order to be considered for admission into the AAS Degree program in Anesthesia Technology, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography, Physical Therapist Assistant or Respiratory Care. Please thoroughly read the admissions requirements for your program of choice before continuing.
- AAS Degree in Anesthesia Technology to BA in Healthcare Management
- AAS Degree in Dental Hygiene to BA in Healthcare Management
- AAS Degree in Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography to BA in Healthcare Management
- AAS Degree in Management to BA in Healthcare Management
- AAS Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant in Healthcare Management (for students who started in the Physical Therapist Assistant program prior to May 2016)
- AAS Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant in Healthcare Management (for students starting Physical Therapist Assistant program in September 2016)
- AAS Degree in Respiratory Care to BA in Healthcare Management
Advising Sessions are a great opportunity to meet the Concordia University Chicago representative who can answer questions about the BA in Healthcare Management program. Sessions are offered throughout the semester. If you cannot attend any of the offered sessions, you may contact the representative directly via the contact information at the bottom of this page.
Attending an advising session for the AAS in Dental Hygiene or Respiratory Care is a requirement to be considered for admission into either program. This advising session is different than the advising session hosted by Concordia University Chicago representatives. Upcoming advising session dates are listed on either the Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography, Physical Therapist Assistant or Respiratory Care pages.
All College of DuPage coursework throughout the program is offered at the tuition rate at the time of enrollment. All Concordia University Chicago coursework is offered at a reduced tuition rate at the time of enrollment at Concordia University Chicago.
Once you are ready to get started, follow the steps below:
- Get Admitted - Click on the "Apply Now" icon above or visit the Office of Admissions and Outreach located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 2207, (630) 942-2626. Fill out the admission form with the $20 admission fee to receive your College of DuPage identification number.
- Financial Assistance - Visit the FAFSA website to determine what you may be eligible for in terms of federal grants or loans. Direct your questions to the Office of Student Financial Assistance located in the Student Services Center (SSC), room 2220, (630) 942-2251.
- Create your myACCESS Account - After you receive your College of DuPage ID number you can use it to create your student online account. Go to myACCESS and select "I'm New to myACCESS." Your myACCESS account will allow you to view your student profile, search and register for classes, check on your financial aid status, pay for classes and much more. If you have any technical issues viewing or accessing the myACCESS website, please contact the Student Help Desk, (630) 942-2999 or email@example.com.
- Take Necessary Placement Tests - Placement tests are offered on a walk-in basis. A picture ID and student ID number are required to complete your tests. Placement tests are available for the subjects of reading, writing, and math. Students with ACT composite scores of 20 or higher are waived out of the reading and writing placement tests. Math ACT scores of 23 or higher may waive students from the math portion of the placement tests. The Testing Center is located in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC) room 2405, (630) 942-2400.
- Complete a Degree Audit - A degree audit will outline exactly what courses you have received credit for at College of DuPage, as well as what courses you still need to complete for the Associate in Applied Science degree in Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography, Management, or Respiratory Care. Login to myACCESS and select "myACCESS for Students". Scroll down and select "Degree Audit" from the Academic Profile category. Select "Dental Hygiene", "Diagnostic Medical Imaging Radiography", "Management Degree", or "Respiratory Care". Select the most recent catalog and click "Submit". If you are not pursuing the correct AAS degree, please complete an Academic Program Change Form and update your record.
- Check for Course Prerequisites - Go to the prerequisites page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Connect with Counseling and Advising - Attend a Begin Session. Check with Campus Central at (630) 942-3000 for days and times. Visit the Counseling and Advising Center located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 3200, (630) 942-2259 or email@example.com.
- Complete a 3+1 Transfer Application - The 3+1 Transfer Application should be turned in to the Admissions and Outreach office located in the Student Services Center (SSC) room 2207.
- Register for Classes - Register in myACCESS or in person at the Office of Student Registration Services, Student Services Center (SSC) Room 2221. Phone registration is available at (630) 942-2377.
- Select a Payment Plan - All students are required to pay their tuition and fees at the time of registration. Make a payment in full or enroll in either the automatic or deferred payment plan through myACCESS. For more information, call the Cashier's Office at (630) 942-2206.
- Apply to Concordia University Chicago - You should apply directly to Concordia University Chicago as a transfer student for their Bachelor of Arts degree in Healthcare Management once you are approximately 1 full semester from completing your AAS degree.
- Order Official Transcripts - Contact the Office of Student Records and order official transcripts so they may be sent to Concordia University Chicago for review. You can order transcripts through your myACCESS account under the "myACCESS for Students" menu. Once there, click on the "Official Transcript Order Form".
College of DuPage
Director of Admissions, Accelerated Degree Program
Concordia University Chicago
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage