Transfer Research Resources
Deciding on college or university to finish your studies is an important decision. To assist you in this process we have collected the following resources. Please know that these links are not a part of College of DuPage and are provided as a service and no endorsement is expressed or implied.
College of DuPage Resources
- Steps to Transfer: This helpful guide will help you identify some steps to help ease the transfer process
- Connect with representatives: Various colleges and universities routinely visit our campus.
- Check out popular transfer schools: This listing will help you identify some transfer options with some of our popular transfer schools.
- Sort Schools Database: This database is part of the Illinois Career Information System with access provided by the College of DuPage Library. This college and university search tool allows students research transfers schools based on: major, location, size, and a variety of other search factors.
- College of DuPage Libraries College and Career Collection (CCIC): This collection provides information to assist you in planning for you transfer and career goals.
- Career Coach: This free database provides you with current information on local employment opportunities and education and training.
Helpful websites for transferring to Illinois colleges and universities
- Transferology: This online tool will help you identify colleges and universities that will accept your transfer courses. Be sure to check out the videos posted on the website to learn more about utilizing this tool.
- Transfer Ready: Website provides a variety of resources for students transferring from an Illinois community college to a Illinois 4-yeear college or university.
- 12 Reasons to stay in Illinois: Admissions guide for the 12 public Illinois universities
- State Universities at a glance: Comprehensives listing of majors and minors available at the 12 public Illinois universities
- Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI): statewide transfer agreements
Helpful websites to research colleges and universities inside and out of Illinois
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU): List of HBCU’s organized by state.
- Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU): HACU represents more than 470 colleges and universities committed to Hispanic higher education success
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Campus Resources: Links to various LGBT resources present at various colleges and universities.
- U.S. News College Ranking: U.S. News' annual college ranking. Find out how schools rank based on many different criteria such as "best schools in the Midwest," the "best schools for business," "schools with the largest number of transfer students."
- College Scorecard: powered by the US Department of Education. This site allows students to sort and filter search results and compare schools based on major, location, typical tuition costs, average student loan amount, and graduation rates.
- College Navigator: Search for Colleges and Majors based on a variety of criteria. From the National Center for Education Statistics
- Peterson's College Search: Search for schools based on a number of factors such as major, location and cost
Office of Counseling and Advising
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225, (630) 942-3977
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage