Steps to Transfer
- Explore your areas of interest
If you have decided on your area or areas of interest, talk with College of DuPage faculty who teach in related disciplines.
If you are undecided on your area of interest, consider one of the following:
- Decide on your transfer institution.
- Visit the Career Databases in COD's Library
- Meet with college representatives who visit COD (usually located in the hallway by the library entrance)
- Watch for the College Fair (October), the State Universities Transfer Day (spring) and Private Illinois Colleges and Universities Day (spring).
- Visit the campuses of colleges and universities that interest you during a scheduled open house or on your own.
- Check our Transfer Information Sheets on schools of interest to you.
- Take courses at College of DuPage that meet prerequisites and satisfy degree requirements
at your intended transfer institution.
- Check out IAI and Transferology (formerly CAS) web sites. General Advisors and Counselors can be of assistance to you in using these sites
- Check the Transfer Information web page for transfer guides.
- Be aware of minimum GPA admission, credit hour requirements and any other requirements
(such as foreign language) for colleges you wish to attend.
- Find out the application deadline at your intended transfer institution as soon as possible. Generally, institutions would like you to apply early - nine to 12 months ahead of transferring.
- Most institutions have online applications, so check the school's web site.
- If a personal statement is required, spend the time to do your best. College of DuPage's Writing Center can be a good resource.
- Official College of DuPage transcripts are ordered through the Office of Student Records.
- Transcripts from other institutions need to be acquired directly from them.
- Letters of recommendation may be required. Give the writers of your letters plenty
of advance notice.
- Consider financial aid and scholarships.
- Apply for financial aid through the Department of Education web site.
- Look at the transfer institution's web site for scholarship opportunities.
Refer to "Transfer Tips" for general transfer information and answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
Office of Counseling and Advising
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage