Admissions Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Do I have to make an appointment to talk to someone about starting at College of DuPage?

A: It is not required, but we recommend that you do. Schedule a Visit now.

Q: Do I need to be concerned about classes transferring to another school after I leave COD?

A: You should always talk to the school where you are transferring. You can also refer to Transfer Information.

Q: Can I just take one class?

A: Yes! You can take as many or as few courses as you choose.

Q: Is it necessary to see an advisor before registering if I am a new transfer student from another university?

A: It is not required, but we strongly recommended that you do meet with an advisor.

Q: What is a cooperative agreement or a chargeback?

A: A cooperative agreement is for certain Associate in Applied Science degree and certificate programs that are not available at COD. The college has a contractual agreement with other community colleges for specific programs. Check this list of cooperative Agreements available.

A chargeback is available when COD. does not offer an Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate programs, and it is not a cooperative agreement.  

Q: If I work in district, can I pay in-district tuition?

A: Students who reside outside the College of DuPage district but are employed full time within the district may be eligible for Special Residency Classification. Final decisions on residency status are made by the Office of Student Registration Services. No tuition adjustments are made after mid-term.

Q: Is all of DuPage County in district?

A: No. Community College District 502 covers most of DuPage County and parts of both Cook and Will counties. Please check our district map for more details.

Q: Can I use a P.O. Box?

A: Yes, but you will need prove that you live in District 502. Please refer to Proof of Residency Documents.

Q: Do I need to prove where I live when I apply?

A: No. The only time you need to prove residency is if you are moving from outside of District 502 to in-district or the college has mail that was sent to you but was returned by the post office.

College of DuPage

425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137

(630) 942-2800 (Main)

(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)

  2019 College of DuPage