Tuesday, October 17, 2017
6 to 8 p.m.
Physical Education Center
View parking map
Information about the College Fair
Register now to easily share your information with colleges of your choice at the fair.
Financial Aid Presentations
6:15 and 7:15 p.m.
Physical Education Center (PEC), Room 129
High School Student Assistance Center
Staffed by in-district high school counselors to help students with general college information
Physical Education Center (PEC), Arena
Presented by High Schools in District 502 and College of DuPage
Preparing for the College Fair:
- Register and download the Strive Scan app to your phone.
- Find out which colleges will be at the fair and write down the names of the ones you want to learn about.
- Make a list of any questions you have.
- Make sure the email address that you give out won't embarrass you - remember, college admission officers will see it.
At the fair:
- Get a map of the fair and plan a route that will take you to the booths of all the colleges on your list. If there is no map available, do a quick survey of the room to locate your colleges.
- Visit booths and ask college representatives questions. For example, you can ask, "What kind of student are you looking for?" or "What makes your campus special?"
- Take a minute to jot down any information you think is important before moving on to the next booth.
- Check out some of the other booths when you're done with the colleges on your list. You may stumble onto a great college you hadn't considered.
- Attend an information session, if any are offered. Typical topics include applications and financial aid. These sessions are good opportunities to get expert advice.
When You Get Home:
- Ask yourself which colleges stood out and why.
- Organize the college material you collected and review it that week while it's fresh in your mind.
- Go over any notes you took during the fair.
- Do more research on the colleges you're thinking about. Explore websites, contact the admission office or plan a campus visit. If you liked what you saw at the fair, it may be time to see the college in person.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage