Undocumented Student Information
ACA has changed, be informed and visit the USCIS website for information.
Important Notice: College of DuPage is committed to education. DACA students will be able to continue their education at College of DuPage. Undocumented students have always been welcomed and we will continue to assist all persons regardless of their race, color, religion or creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest record, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service, citizenship status or other factors.
If you are a student that qualifies under DACA or Illinois House Bill 60 you will be charged the International student fee unless you fill this form and submit prior to registration. Click here for the form: Appeal Form
Each line has a link, click on it and it will open in a new window with that specific scholarship or resource information.
IMPORTANT INFO FOR DACA RENEWALS
Mission Asset Fund (MAF) is no longer accepting applications for their fee assistance grant to renew DACA as they have exhausted all available funds. www.lc4daca.org. If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
Statement from Mission Asset:
IMPORTANT: Due to limited funding, as of January 15, 2018 at 7 PM Pacific, we are placing new applications received on a waitlist. We will also prioritize DACA renewals for recipients whose EAD has already expired or will soon. Meanwhile, we encourage you to seek support from other sources and will notify applicants on our waitlist as additional funds become available.
Scholarships specific to Undocumented Students
(Click on the links to go to the site for more info)
- The Opportunity Scholarship
- The National Scholarship
- The Golden Apple Scholarship is open to DACA students www.goldenapple.org/apply
- The DDLR Scholarship Fund
This is a scholarship for a 4 year college/university for students from the Chicagoland area.
- UIC - LARES Scholarships with additional resources.
- The Anhelo Project
- Alpha Psi Lambda Scholarship - University of Illinois at Chicago
Click here for application
- Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Scholarship: The CSBG Scholarship is designed, in cooperation with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs, to provide financial assistance to low-income and disadvantaged persons of high academic attainment or potential.
Since 2009, E4FC has developed resources to help undocumented students across the United States find scholarships to pay for college.
- Illinois House Bill 60 / Public Act 93-0007
- Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights (ICIRR)
- Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) Information about the Illinois Dream Act.
Note: Students on Deferred Action do not qualify for FAFSA.
Deferred Action is not the Dream Act.
- Social Security Administration
- Loyola University Magis Scholarship for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Application, Loyola offers five scholarships for admitted transfer and freshman with Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status. DACA scholarships cover tuition, on campus room and board, and mandatory student fees. These scholarships are highly selective and finalist will be required to attend an on-campus interview.
- College Advising Guide for Undocumented Students by the Illinois Association for College Admissions Counseling (IACAC)
- CollegeBoard information on how to advise undocumented students.
- DePaul University Undocumented Student Guide
- World Relief - DuPage/Aurora
Provides services through Immigrant Legal Services department. They are accredited by the Board of Immigration Appeals which means World Relief has a legal license to help Immigrants and Refugees with their legal applications through Immigration (USCIS).
Colleges and Universities
- UC Berkeley's Undocumented Student Program (USP) provides guidance and support to undocumented undergraduates at Cal.
- Latino Cultural center at Purdue University (LCC) was established in 2003 as a place to gather, learn, share, and support Latino cultures.
Links above are indicated as green type.
This information is provided as a service to students; information in this site is
provided "as is", with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the
results obtained from the use of this information.
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Evening appointments are available upon request.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage