GED Testing Registration

Registration Guidelines

DuPage County residents who do not have a U.S. high school diploma can take the GED Tests.


An individual is eligible given they meet all of the following conditions:

    • is 17 years of age or older*
    • does not have a high school diploma
    • is a resident of the State of Illinois.

Note: *If an individual is 17 years old and has been enrolled in a public, private, or a home school setting in the last 12 months, they must present a withdrawal letter from the last school enrolled in before taking the GED tests. Proof of withdrawal can be emailed to or faxed to (217) 558-6700.

Registering for a HSE test

To register for the GED Tests please visit
To register for the HiSET exam, please visit
To register for the TASC test, please visit

How long are the HSE Tests?

Administration of the HSE tests are approximately 7-8 hours. Candidates must register and can select any time that is convenient.
Where are the HSE tests administered?

HSE tests are administered at College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn, Carol Stream, Naperville, and Westmont.

How much are the HSE tests?

The HSE tests cost from $18 to $30 per subject area. Credit card or vouchers are the only forms of payment. For more information, please contact the specific exam company listed above.
Are testing accommodations available?

Yes. If you have a documented disability, you can request testing accommodations from the HSE Testing Administration. If approved, accommodations are provided at no additional charge. Testing accommodations can be requested during the registration process.

For information on how to request accommodations for the 2014 GED test, visit or email:

For information on how to request accommodations for the HiSET exam, visit or email:

For information on how to request accommodations for the TASC test, visit

If you think you have a disability, but do not have documentation, first contact the DuPage County Department of Human Services, Division of Rehabilitation Services at (630) 495-0500. The National Rehabilitation Information Center (NARIC) at (800) 346-2742 also may be able to help.

GED Transcripts and Certificates

To request your Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate and/or Official GED Transcript, you must contact the Regional Office of Education (ROE)* for the county that you lived in when you completed GED testing.

To locate contact information for your Regional Office of Education*, visit the ROE locator at or call the ICCB at (217) 558-5668.

*Cook County residents should contact the Cook County GED Testing Program at (312) 414-4488 or by email at


Contact Information

Academic Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2405, (630) 942-2400
Fax: (630) 942-3724

Specialized Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2407, (630) 942-2400
Fax: (630) 942-3724

College of DuPage

425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137

(630) 942-2800 (Main)

(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)

  2017 College of DuPage