Do you need to take a Placement Test?
- Check the course catalog to see if your courses require a placement test score.
- Learn about alternative ways to satisfy placement requirements by clicking on the placement test links below.
- If you took ACCUPLACER Reading, Writing, or ELS placement tests at another institution you may be able to use them. A Placement Testing Transfer Form must be submitted.
- Students applying to a Health Science program, may be required to take placement tests regardless of exemptions. See program packet for details. Students applying to Engineering Pathways are required to take the Math placements test. Students will also need to take a Reading and Writing placement test unless they have a qualifying ACT or SAT score.
Getting Started with Placement Testing
- Learn more about the placement test you need to take:
- Prepare for your Placement Test
- Take your Placement Test:
- Testing Centers Hours and Locations – A photo ID with a last name that matches your student record, COD ID#, and COD username/password are required.
- Alternate versions of the Reading and Writing placement tests are available for students with disabilities. Prior to testing, students must submit appropriate documentation of their disability to the Center for Access and Accommodations.
- View your scores and speak with an advisor to help you choose the appropriate classes
- Remote Placement Testing is available if you are a College of DuPage student who lives more than 50 miles away from the DuPage County area.
- College of DuPage placement test scores can be sent to other institutions for a fee. A Placement Test Score Release Form must be submitted. Please verify with your institution if placement test scores from another institution will be accepted.
Academic Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A06, (630) 942-2400
Fax: (630) 942-3724
Specialized Testing Center, Glen Ellyn - Main Campus
Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2A08, (630) 942-2400
Fax: (630) 942-3724
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2019 College of DuPage