Employment and Internships
Focus Forward Fellowship
A program to engage military-connected women beyond the classroom. Designed to build skills, leadership and a sense of community among female student service members and veterans and military-connected women. Open to military-connected women from schools across the nation who have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours.
There is no cost to attend if selected as a Fellow to this program.
Application Window: February 20 to April 2
Amazing opportunities exist for student Veterans! The experience gained through an internship can positively differentiate your resume and serve as worthy experience to a potential employer.
The Veterans Employment Trajectory
A 15 week professional workforce immersion program.
Chicago Botanic Garden Veteran Internship Program
Paid Internship from May 24 to August 25, 2017
Gain working experience in Horticulture, Ecology, Education and Community Programs, Library, Railroad Garden, Visitors Services.
Professional Career Mentoring
American Corporate Partners (ACP)
A one-to-one year-long mentorship with a corporate professional in the career field of your interest. ACP mentors come from more than sixty companies including 21st Century Fox, Bloomberg, Deloitte, GE Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Lockhead Martin, Raytheon, PwC, USAA and many others.
Visit American Corporate Partners online to apply and note that you were referred by College of DuPage on your application. If you have questions, please email Maddie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 752-0700.
Employment For Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
- Mindful Heart, Female Veterans Research Study
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care
packages for U.S. troops overseas.
Consider giving some time to the upcoming Shop and Drop events in Naperville, Bolingbrook and Downers Grove:
Friday April 21, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday, April 22, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Contact Lynn Sbertoli to get involved! email@example.com
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods. Click here to see a compelling video of how this program is having a positive impact on Chicago's most at-risk communities.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or on-line.
- DuPage Memorial VFW Post 2164 TV & Monitor Recycling - You can help U.S. Military Veterans and your local community by recycling your unwanted TV or computer monitors. All proceeds go directly to help Veterans with training and job placement programs.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage