Employment and Internships
Focus Forward Fellowship
A program to engage military-connected women beyond the classroom. Designed to build skills, leadership and a sense of community among female student service members and veterans and military-connected women. Open to military-connected women from schools across the nation who have earned a minimum of 30 credit hours.
There is no cost to attend if selected as a Fellow to this program.
Application Window: February 20 to April 2
Amazing opportunities exist for student Veterans! The experience gained through an internship can positively differentiate your resume and serve as worthy experience to a potential employer.
The Veterans Employment Trajectory
A 15 week professional workforce immersion program.
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
- Mindful Heart, Female Veterans Research Study
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas.
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods. Click here to see a compelling video of how this program is having a positive impact on Chicago's most at-risk communities.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or on-line.
- DuPage Memorial VFW Post 2164 TV & Monitor Recycling - You can help U.S. Military Veterans and your local community by recycling your unwanted TV or computer monitors. All proceeds go directly to help Veterans with training and job placement programs.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage