Employment and Internships
Tiny Boots Childcare Program
A program designed to connect Illinois Veterans with quality childcare while the Veteran attends scheduled medical/counseling appointments and job interviews. For information, please review the 3 easy steps on the Illinois Veterans Child Care Program link.
VetTech Internship - Every summer, Fermilab in Batavia, IL hires student veterans for a 10-week, full-time paid internship as a technician in their laboratory. Fermilab seeks COD student veterans in majors like engineering, CIS, CIT, automotive service technology, manufacturing, HVACR and other fields to fill these slots. If you are interested in participating, please contact the Veterans Services office to be added to the list of interested students for the Summer 2018 term.
North Central College is seeking a graduate assistant for the 2017-2018 academic year to work in their Student Veterans Services department. This is a great opportunity for those seeking the chance to give back to other veterans while earning a graduate degree.
Professional Career Mentoring
American Corporate Partners (ACP)
A one-to-one year-long mentorship with a corporate professional in the career field of your interest. ACP mentors come from more than sixty companies including 21st Century Fox, Bloomberg, Deloitte, GE Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Lockhead Martin, Raytheon, PwC, USAA and many others.
Visit American Corporate Partners online to apply and note that you were referred by College of DuPage on your application. If you have questions, please email Maddie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 752-0700.
Job Opportunities for Veterans
Veterans are sought for the following employment opportunities.
The College of DuPage Veterans Services office actively seeks student veterans to fill roles as receptionists and mentors to assist other student veterans pursuing their education. If you are interested in being considered, please forward your resume via email to email@example.com.
DuPage County Vet Center VA Work Study
Contact Mr. Dale Anderson, (630) 585-1853
Service Technicians - Kaeser Compressors is seeking College of DuPage Veterans with backgrounds in HVACR, air compression systems, and electrical mechanical fields. If you are interested, submit an application through their website and mark that you are a veteran and COD student.
The Morton Arboretum is seeking Visitors Services Assistants for the fall/winter Illuminations program which brings thousands of visitors to the Arboretum in Lisle every year. These are seasonal positions, but more great opportunities exist through their website.
Job Fair hosted by ComEd and Exelon. The fair will take place on August 18, 2017 from noon to 4:00 p.m. at the ComEd Training Center, 423 Energy Way, Rockford, IL.
Job Fair hosted by State Senator Tom Cullerton and the Illinois Department of Employment Security. The fair will take place on August 23, 2017 from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Odeum in Villa Park, IL.
- Operation Support Our Troops - America, OSOT based in Lisle is always in need of care items and volunteers to pack care packages for U.S. troops overseas.
- YMCA Urban Warriors, A Veteran to youth mentoring opportunity. The YMCA of Metro Chicago's Youth Safety and Violence Prevention initiative pairs combat experienced Veterans with youth exposed to violence in some of Chicago's most dangerous neighborhoods.
- Roll Call Chicagoland is a premier networking event for our military community which helps job seekers find the next career opportunity by allowing them to network with companies like Exelon, Discover, Walgreens, Pepsico and more. The next opportunity is on August 1, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at the Westwood Tavern located at 1385 N Meacham Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60173.
- Honor Rewards - Offered by the DuPage County Recorder's Office, Honor Rewards is an ID card that helps Veterans receive discounts, promotions and other incentives from participating local businesses. Veterans can sign up for the Honor Rewards ID Card at the Recorders Office or on-line.
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage