- 2016 Veterans Day Read-In
- 2016 Veterans Day Color Ceremony
- 2016 Veterans Day Highlights
- 2015 Veterans Day Celebration
- September 17: COD Food Truck Rally and Sunset 5K,
- September 22 to 24: Student Veterans of America (SVA) Leadership Institute Series
- September 24: Armed Forces Bowl
- October 1: 2016 Homecoming Game
- October 7 to 8: Student Veteran Career Summit
- November 1, 2016 - Be The Boss. Veterans Entrepreneurship Seminar
- November 11: Veterans Day Celebration
- March 11: Student Veteran Career Summit, 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Lewis University, Romeoville. RSVP, Hosted by CAEL
- March 13: Veterans Smokies Encounter. Application window opens for 2017 COD Veterans Expedition & Teambuilding Scholarship to Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Fulfills Contemporary Life Skills requirement or speech requirement for AAS degrees - Speech 1120 Small Group Communication and Speech 1840 for student leaders. The field study class will meet May 6 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and will take place May 20 - 27. Deadline to apply is April 29. Contact Jose Alferez, Manager, Veterans Services, to schedule your interview and submit your application.
- March 14: Roll Call Chicago, Active Military and Veteran Employment Networking Event, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Foss Park Golf Pavilion, 3144 Argonne Dr., North Chicago. FREE. Please RSVP.
- March 21: The Posse Foundation Campus Visit. Seeking Veteran students to award full tuition scholarships to highly selective four year colleges. 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., Veterans Lounge, Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
- March 29: Bridges to Employment, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., hosted by SVA-IL at Lewis University, Romeoville. Free. RSVP required at Eventbrite
- April 2: Application Deadline for Focus Forward Fellowship
- April 6: Third Annual Student Veterans Leadership Day, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Springfield, IL. Key Highlights: Governor Bruce Rauner will address SVA-IL, Keynote Speaker Roy E. Ziegler, II, Joint Resolution 57 declaring Illinois a Purple Heart State, State Legislative and Public Policy Panels, Federal Legislative and Public Policy Panel, Meetings with state legislators. SVA-IL Leadership Day Agenda.
- April 8: She Served, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., ComEd Training Center, Chicago. Join ComEd and nonprofit, One Savvy Veteran for a day of learning about energy careers. Free. Child care included.
- April 19: Bridges to Employment, 6 to 9 p.m., Saint Xavier University, Chicago. Free. RSVP required at Eventbrite.
- April 25: Welcome Home Vietnam War Veterans. The Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs will recognize Vietnam Veterans. Any veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces, regardless of location, between the periods of November 1, 1955 and May 15, 1975 will be honored and will receive a commemoration pin. This event is free and open to the public. The ceremony will begin at 11 a.m. and conclude at 1 p.m., Harold D. McAninch Arts Center, Belushi Performance Hall.
- April 27: Private Screening of Veteran Documentary 'Light Up To Live,' 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., Studio Movie Grill, Rice Lake Square, Wheaton. Free for U.S. Military (current or retired) with Military ID.
- April 28: Guinness World Records for most pull-ups in twelve and twenty-four hours! Come cheer and witness new records! This event starts at 7 p.m., Elmhurst City Centre. Hosted by Pull-ups Bars for Patriots.
- May 2: Lewis University Military and Veteran Visit Day, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Student Services Center / Student Recourse Center Hallway.
- May 6: Classroom Meeting for Veterans Smokies Encounter Summer Field Study. This adventure course fulfills Speech 1120: Small Group Communication and Speech 1840 for Student Leaders, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- May 6: Diamonds and Dog Tags Gala - Communicating the Spirit of '45, 6 p.m. to 12 a.m., Cantigny Park - Le Jardin, Wheaton.
- May 9: Careers in Biotech, WebEx Event, 8pm. RSVP to obtain a link to access the WebEx from your computer or mobile device. Hosted by ACP, American Corporate Partners and Amgen.
- May 13: Student Veterans of America Inaugural Golf Outing, Tee times begin at 10 a.m., Bolingbrook Golf Club, Hosted by Lewis University Office of Veterans Affairs, (815) 834-6451. RSVP.
- May 19: Second Annual Veterans Award Reception, 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Culinary and Hospitality Center (CHC), Room 2001, College of DuPage Glen Ellyn Campus.
- May 20: Armed Forces Day.
- May 20 - 27: Veterans Expedition & Teambuilding 2017.
- June 14: Happy Birthday Army
- June 27: National PTSD Awareness Day
- July 22: Rockin' For The Troops
- August 4: Happy Birthday Coast Guard
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
Veterans Day at COD
Veterans Services at COD invited students, staff, faculty and friends of COD to participate in a week-long celebration to thank and honor all who have served this country and preserved its freedom.
Veterans Association Meeting
The Veterans Association strives to create a community of camaraderie for Veterans on campus.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage