- September 23: COD Food Truck Rally and Sunset 5K. Run with the Veterans & First Responders 1, Veterans & First Responders 2, or Veterans & First Responders 3 teams. You can select the team when you register.
- September 23: VetFest will have live bands, food, giveaways and activities for children. The event will be located in Countryside, IL from noon-8 p.m.
- October 12: Veteran/Military and Dependent Job Fair located at Naval Station Great Lakes, Great Lakes Community Center, 2007 Virginia Ave, North Chicago, IL.
- October 28: Bloomingdale VFW Post 75739 is hosting a benefits fair, blood drive, and supplies drive from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 405 S. Rush Street, Roselle, IL. Veterans will receive information on benefits as well as free gun locks.
- October 28: Join us for Military Appreciation Game where our Chaparrals take on Lackawanna Community College.
- November 9: Veterans Day Celebration. Join us in the SSC Atrium at 11 a.m. for our opening ceremony, posting of colors, singing of our National Anthem, and keynote speech by our CFO and former West Point Graduate, Dr. Brian Caputo, LTC USA (Ret.) Immediately following the ceremony, join us in SSC 2201 for the annual Read-In where we share stories of our military, veterans, and the families involved in said service.
- November 14: Fermilab VetTech Internship Open House. COD Veterans are invited to visit the site in Batavia to learn about paid internship opportunities for the summer 2018 period. If you are interested in attending please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as we will be transporting a group to the site.
SSG Robert J. Miller
Homeland Security Education Center
Recognition of College of DuPage students, former students and alumni who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty as firefighters, police officers and members of the military.
- 2016 Veterans Day Read-In
- 2016 Veterans Day Color Ceremony
- 2016 Veterans Day Highlights
- 2015 Veterans Day Celebration
- September 22 to 24: Student Veterans of America (SVA) Leadership Institute Series
- September 24: Armed Forces Bowl
- October 1: 2016 Homecoming Game
- October 7 to 8: Student Veteran Career Summit
- March 21: The Posse Foundation Campus Visit. Seeking Veteran students to award full tuition scholarships to four year colleges
- April 6: Third Annual Student Veterans Leadership Day
- April 19: Bridges to Employment, Saint Xavier University, Chicago
- April 25: Welcome Home Vietnam War Veterans. The Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs will recognize Vietnam Veterans
- May 9: Careers in Biotech, WebEx Event, 8pm. Hosted by ACP, American Corporate Partners and Amgen.
- May 13: Student Veterans of America Inaugural Golf Outing, Tee times begin at 10 a.m., Bolingbrook Golf Club, Hosted by Lewis University Office of Veterans Affairs, (815) 834-6451.
- May 19: Second Annual Veterans Award Reception, 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Culinary and Hospitality Center (CHC), Room 2001, College of DuPage Glen Ellyn Campus
- May 20: Armed Forces Day
- May 30: Memorial Day
- June 14: Happy Birthday Army
- June 27: National PTSD Awareness Day
- July 22: Rockin' For The Troops
- August 4: Happy Birthday Coast Guard
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
Veterans Day at COD
Veterans Services at COD invited students, staff, faculty and friends of COD to participate in a week-long celebration to thank and honor all who have served this country and preserved its freedom.
Veterans Association Meeting
The Veterans Association strives to create a community of camaraderie for Veterans on campus.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage