How to Get Started
Follow these steps to get started:
- Enroll in the GI Bill at www.gibill.va.gov Information on applying for Veterans and Military Personnel Educational Benefits
- Complete the COD application.
- Attend New Student Orientation for Veterans
- Certify and process COD Veterans certification request for educational benefits and required documentation to COD Veterans Serivces Office. Each semester a new certification request form is required.
Once you are certified, you will receive a courtesy message via your COD email notifying you of your certification.
1. PLEASE NOTE: You will also receive a letter from the VA to notify you that you have been certified by your school certifying official. They will note how many credits you were certified for and the amount of money that you will receive.
2. PLEASE NOTE: You can only be certified for courses that satisfy your degree requirements. If they are not needed to complete your degree, you will not be certified for the credit for (remove) those courses.
VA requires that attendance is monitored. Non-attendance will be reported to the VA.
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2012 College of DuPage