How to Get Started

Follow these steps to get started:

  • Get admitted to College of DuPage at or visit the Office of Admissions and Outreach, Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2207 to fill out the admission form. The $20 admission fee is waived for veterans; inquire about the promotion code to waive this fee. 
  • Apply for Military Educational Benefits For a list of Veteran and Military Educational Benefits accepted at College of DuPage and application resources visit our Veterans Benefits  webpage. To apply for VA educational benefits visit the VA website For information on other educational benefits for Veterans and Military Personnel contact Veterans Services. 
  • Begin@COD for Veterans All newly admitted students must sign up for a Begin@COD session. Special sessions for Veterans and Military Personnel are held prior to the start of each semester on the main campus in the Veterans Lounge, Room 3260 in the Student Services Center (SSC). Each session covers educational opportunities and campus life at College of DuPage as well as information on developing an educational plan, choosing courses, obtaining financial aid, understanding myAccess (the student portal) and paying for college. Information unique to Veterans and Military Personnel such as using Veteran and Military Personnel Educational Benefits, the VA certifying process and community resources will be shared. To sign up for a specific date and time contact Campus Central at 630-942-3000. 
  • Placement Tests are available for the subjects of reading, writing and math. Placement tests may be waived if students meet certain criteria. Visit the Testing Center, Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 2405 or go to the Testing Center webpage for more information. 
  • A Veteran and Military Educational Benefit Declaration Form must be completed and turned in to the Veterans Services Office before registering for courses.
  • Register for Classes online through myAccess or in person at the Office of Student Registration Services, Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2221. Phone registration is available at 630-942-2377. 
  • Pay Tuition or Defer Payment All students are required to pay their tuition and fees at the time of registration. However, student Veterans and Military Personnel who are not using FAFSA may obtain a deferred payment option from Veterans Services. Documentation of eligibility for Veteran and Military Personnel Educational Benefits must be presented to Veterans Services to obtain a deferred payment option. 


Contact Information

Veterans Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 2225, (630) 942-3814
Fax: (630) 942-4991  

Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Veterans Lounge
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3260