- Data Universal Numbering System/DUNS (www.dnb.com/get-a-duns-number.html)
Once assigned, a D-U-N-S® Number is neither reused nor assigned to another business. Used by the world’s most influential standards-setting organizations, the D-U-N-S® Number is recognized, recommended, and/or required by more than 200 global, industry, and trade associations, including the U.N., European Commission, and the U.S. Federal Government.
- System for Award Management/SAM (www.sam.gov)
The System for Award Management (SAM) is combining federal procurement systems and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance into one new system. This consolidation is being done in phases. The first phase of SAM includes the functionality from the following systems:
- Central Contractor Registry (CCR)
- Federal Agency Registration (Fedreg)
- Online Representations and Certifications Application
- Excluded Parties List System (EPLS)
- NAICS (www.census.gov/eos/www/naics)
The North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) is the standard used by Federal statistical agencies in classifying business establishments for the purpose of collecting, analyzing, and publishing statistical data related to the U.S. business economy.
- Small Business Administration (www.sba.gov)
The SBA's mission is to maintain and strengthen the nation`s economy by aiding, counseling, assisting and protecting the interests of small businesses and by helping families and businesses recover from national disasters. Information regarding the 8(a) and HUBZone certification programs.
- Rev3 Innovation Center (www.rev3dupage.com)
Located in DuPage County, Illinois, Rev3 is an innovation center with a focus on helping people and companies manufacture products, write software and develop technology to drive the third industrial revolution. From astonishing waves of innovation to new product concepts to technology that changes business models - Rev3 is a place of emerging opportunities and creativity. This is not a place for business as usual.
- Affordable Care Act (www.healthcare.gov)
Confused about the Affordable Health Care Act taking effect in 2014? Not sure if you are an "individual" or a "small business"? Visit U.S. SBA Affordable Care Act Training Materials for information on what the Affordable Care act means for small business
- FedBizOpps.gov (www.fbo.gov)
The single government point-of-entry for Federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. Government buyers are able to publicize their business opportunities by posting information directly to FedBizOpps via the Internet.
- Federal Procurement Data System (https://www.fpds.gov)
For contracts whose value or estimated value is $3,000 or more. Every modification to that contract, regardless of dollar value, must be reported to FPDS-NG.
- GSA Schedules (https://www.gsa.gov)
GSA Schedules are fast, easy, and effective contracting vehicles for both customers and vendors. For GSA Schedules, GSA establishes long-term governmentwide contracts with commercial companies to provide access to millions of commercial products and services at volume discount pricing.
- The Construction Business Development Center
The Construction Business Development Center (CBDC) is a collaboration project that is designed to increase opportunities for small, minority and women owned businesses and prepare them for leadership positions.
- Business USA (www.business.usa.gov)
Business USA is a centralized, one-stop platform to make it easier for businesses to access services to help them grow and hire.
- County Business Patterns (https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/cbp.html)
Provides data on the total number of establishments, mid-March employment, first quarter and annual payroll, and number of establishments by nine employment-size classes by detailed.
- Write your Representative
Find your Representative then proceed
- Write your Senator (www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm)
Find your Senator then proceed
Center for Entrepreneurship
Illinois Procurement Technical Assistance Center
2525 Cabot Drive, Suite 201
Lisle, IL 60532
Rita Haake, Program Manager
Phone: (630) 942-2184
Fax: (630) 942-2606
Regular Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2017 College of DuPage