- Top 10 Need to Know Questions When Launching a Business in Illinois
Feeling overwhelmed because you need to write a business plan to launch that great idea? Think lean! Do not rewrite a novel like "War and Peace". We offer guidance to navigate your way to a concise, well written & valuable business plan that will not only launch your business but continue to direct your business to future success.
- College of DuPage Library (www.cod.edu/library)
Extensive listings of business resources & databases.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (http://www.sba.gov)
Since its founding on July 30, 1953, the U.S. Small Business Administration has delivered millions of loans, loan guarantees, contracts, counseling sessions and other forms of assistance to small businesses.
- SCORE – Fox Valley Chapter (www.scorefoxvalley.org/)
The SBDC also hosts the Fox Valley Chapter of S.C.O.R.E. (Service Corps of Retired Executives). S.C.O.R.E. provides free, confidential business mentoring to anyone who is operating a small business or thinking about starting one.
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (www.ildceo.net/dceo/Bureaus/Entrepreneurship+and+Small+Business/)
Experts, networks, tools and other opportunities transform your business into an appealing investment for lenders. That's where success begins. We partner with well-respected business development organizations and educational institutions that work with clients who have the vision and potential to become a high-growth enterprise. Whether your company employs two people or 102, we can help you Connect Outside The Box - it's a new way of thinking that extends beyond your own knowledge and experience to activate the possibilities!
- Association of Small Business Development Centers (http://asbdc-us.org/Resources/SmallBusiness.html) America's Small Business Development Center Network is the most comprehensive small business assistance network in the United States and its territories. The mission of the network is to help new entrepreneurs realize their dream of business ownership, and assist existing businesses to remain competitive in the complex marketplace of an ever-changing global economy.
Illinois Small Business Development Center
Voice: (630) 942-2771
Fax: (630) 505-4931
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Martha Carney, Program Manager
2012 College of DuPage