Saturday, Feb. 6, 2016
9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Physical Education Center (PEC)
The College of DuPage annual Career Fair is an event that will assist job seekers with securing employment. Job seekers are encouraged to attend preparation workshops held the two weeks prior to the actual Career Fair which will maximize their effectiveness and success at the event. The Career Fair itself will give job seekers the opportunity to network and meet potential future employers, provide resumes and possibly interview for available positions. All employers attending the Career Fair must have open positions.
Who Should Attend?
The COD Career Fair is open to all students and community with an emphasis on attracting:
- Unemployed or underemployed community members
- Individuals looking to change careers
- Recent graduate not yet employed in their chosen field
Registration for the Career Fair and/or preparation workshops is strongly encouraged, but not required. Job seekers are also encouraged to consult our 2016 Career Fair Brochure which includes many helpful suggestions in preparation for the Career Fair.
All workshops and the Career Fair event are free to the public.
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258, (630) 942-2230
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please join us for the following 2016 Career Fair preparation sessions.Registration is highly recommended but not required. Click the "Job Seeker Registration" tab to register for the career fair and preparation sessions.
- Twitter Chat: Resumes
- How to Get LinkedIn (Webinar)
- Polish Your Networking Skills (...and get a LinkedIn Photo!)
- Electronic Resume Reviews
Date: Tuesday, February 2, noon to 1 p.m.
Follow #CODCareerChat on Twitter and join @CODCareerCenter for our live chat to gain valuable resume tips from employers.
Register using the "Job Seeker Registration" tab above.
Need Twitter help? Download our Getting Tweeting Guide!
Date: Wednesday. February 3, noon to 1 p.m.
Did you know that over 90% of employers use LinkedIn? Two-thirds of recruiters use it in the hiring process. Are you LinkedIn? This session will introduce LinkedIn and helpful how to's for creating a professional presence. Being an active LinkedIn user is crucial to success for today's workforce.
Register for this webinar using the "Job Seeker Registration" tab above.
- Visit http://cod.adobeconnect.com/careerfairwebinar
- Choose "Enter as a Guest"
- Type in your name
- Click "Enter Room"
The session launches in your browser. Please make sure you have audio capabilities on your computer or laptop. Smart phones and tablets not supported.
Date: Thursday, February 4, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. ~ Student Resource Center, Room 2000
Quick! Tell an employer why they should choose you over 50 other candidates in 20 seconds.... The career fair will be filled with job seekers competing for the attention of an employer. You will only have a short period of time to engage and employer and sell your skills. This session will offer participants the chance to experience pitching their qualifications to an employer in a short time span. It is recommended participants prepare and develop their elevator pitch prior to this event. For assistance, download a copy of our Networking Elevator Pitch worksheet as a guide.
Register for this workshop using the "Job Seeker Registration" tab above.
Date: Monday, February 1 to Wednesday, February 3.
Have a current resume but would like another pair of eyes to look it over? Send a copy of your resume to the Career Services Center and have it reviewed by a Career Specialist via email. To participate, please follow the instructions below:
- Submit a copy of your resume as a Microsoft Word document attached to your email message.
- In the subject line, please include: "Career Fair 2016 Resume Review"
- Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com no later than 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, February 3, 2016.
- Resumes submitted by the deadline above will receive feedback from a Career Specialist by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, February 5.
At this time registration for the 2016 Career Fair is closed.
The following employers have registered for the 2016 Career Fair:
- ACM Community Management
- Acres Group
- American Access Casualty Company
- American Dream Home Improvement, Inc.
- American InterContinental University
- Apex3 Security
- Art Van Furniture
- Ashley Funiture
- Aspire Chicago
- Association for Individual Development
- Becker Logistics
- Bradford and Kent
- Breaking Free, Inc.
- Bright Horizons Family Solutions
- Burling Builders, Inc.
- CAVO Broadband Communications, LLC.
- Chem Impex Int'l. Inc.
- Chemring Energetic Devices
- ChildCare Careers
- Clare Oaks
- College of DuPage
- Colorado Technical University
- Comfort Keepers
- Community Consolidated School District 93
- Compact Industries, Inc.
- Dovenmuehle Mortgage
- DRF Trusted Property Solutions
- EAGLE ENGRAVING, Inc.
- Equipment Depot
- Falcon Insurance Company
- Fastenal Company
- FC Hospitality
- Finished Basement Company
- Founders Insurance Company
- G4S Secure Solutions USA
- Goodwill Industries
- Greater Elgin Family Care Center
- Gym Stars ETC
- Hand & Stone Massage and Facial Spa, Carol Stream
- HealthCare Associates Credit Union
- Home City Ice
- Hospitality One Staffing Services
- Illinois Central School Bus Company
- Jet Brite Car Wash
- K-Five Construction
- Koepfer America
- Kydia, Inc.
- Labor Ready
- Lewis Plastics CO., Inc.
- Marine Corps Officer Programs
- Marriott Oak Brook & Marriott Suites Downers Grove
- Mathnasium of Glen Ellyn
- MB Financial Bank
- Medieval Times
- Medinah Country Club
- Metro Staffing Service
- Modern Woodmen of America
- MS-IL Staffing & Packaging
- Oswegoland Park District
- Owens and Minor
- Pool Guards, Inc.
- Power Home Remodeling Group
- Q Center
- Quick Logistics
- Renewal by Andersen
- Retail Data Systems
- RevMD Partners, LLC
- SAS Retail Services
- Six Flags Great America
- Smile More Dental
- Sport Court Midwest
- SportKids Inc.
- State Farm Insurance
- Total Quality Logistics
- Tri-Town YMCA
- TTSG Inc.
- Two Men And A Truck
- U.S. Bank
- Villa Park Recreation
- Weed Man Lawn Care
- Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital
- Xilin Association
Online registration has closed. Registration is not required to attend the event.
Please direct any questions to the College of DuPage Career Services Center at (630) 942-2230.
2015 College of DuPage