How to Get Started

Admissions Policies and Procedures

Admission is open to anyone who is a high school graduate, has earned a GED or is at least 18 years old and can benefit from college-level instruction. To qualify for federal student aid, students must have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate or have completed a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law. Admission can be granted to others by the Coordinator of Admissions and Outreach (Board Policy 20-50).The College prohibits discrimination in its admission, employment, and educational programs or activities on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, arrest record, military status or unfavorable military discharge, citizenship status, and physical or mental handicap or disability (Board Policy 20-5).

Prospective students need to apply to the Office of Admissions and Outreach well in advance of their expected starting date. Applications are available online or in the Office of Admissions and Outreach.

Students should submit official transcripts from high schools and colleges they have attended. Students are required to make a formal request to the Office of Student Records to evaluate their transcripts to determine successful completion of prerequisites, to allow registration in College of DuPage courses and/or for evaluation of previous college credits earned for application toward a degree or certificate at College of DuPage. To request this evaluation, students are required to go online and click on “Transcript Evaluation” or “Proof of Prerequisites” or call (630) 942-3829.

No entrance exams are required for admission; however, entrance exam information is helpful to college advisors who assist students with their educational planning. Therefore, students are encouraged to submit national college entrance tests such as the ACT. Placement tests in reading, writing and mathematics may be needed.