- Counseling and Advising Services Home
- Advising Tools and Resources
- Career Exploration
- Personal Counseling
- Student Planning Worksheets
- Students on Academic Probation
- Transfer Information
- Undecided Student Assistance
- Contact a Counselor
- Dean of Students
- Behavioral Intervention Team
Students who are undecided on a course of study or who are thinking about pursuing a career change can meet with a Counselor to explore their future goals via an individual or group appointment. Career Counseling services include:
Individual one hour appointments
Students meet with a counselor to discuss career values, interest, goals. Counselors
will assist students in exploring next steps in developing career/academic objectives.
Combined Interest and Personality Inventories
Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory to discover how your personality and interests can guide your career path. Fee: $50
To register, go to registerblast.com/cod/exam and select Career Exploration Workshops: Combined Interests and Personality Inventories.
The next scheduled exam date is: TBA
Career Counseling Workshops:
Career Exploration and the Self-Directed Search Workshop
Each participant will complete the Self-Directed Search Assessment to determine career aspirations, competencies and interests. Learn how to use these results to develop a personalized career path as well as acquire strategies for gathering occupational information and use COD resources to assist in a job search. Fee: $10
Career Exploration Workshops
- Thursday, Oct. 4, 1 to 5 p.m., Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 5 to 9 p.m., Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
- Tuesday, Dec. 4, 5 to 9 p.m., Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
- Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 1 to 5 p.m., Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
- Thursday, April 18, 2019, 5 to 9 p.m., Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
- Wednesday, May 8, 2019, 5 to 9 p.m., Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3104
Self-Directed Search Workshops
- Thursday, Sept. 20, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17, noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 5, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 14, 2019, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13, 2019, noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 11, 2019, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 30, 2019, noon to 1:30 p.m.
Career Exploration Class:
The OOH can help you find career information on duties, education and training, pay, and outlook for hundreds of occupations.
Enter ID: Illinois
Enter Password: careers
Click on Career Resources, then CIS: Career Information System
- Learn more about your career options with this interactive tool.
- Use the interest assessment to explore career options.
- Search tasks, skills and salary information for more than 900 careers.
- This site is for anyone searching for in-depth career resources. CIS offers information on occupations, programs of study and training, as well as Illinois and national schools.
- Log in as a guest by choosing your town name from a dropdown list and adding ZIP code. (You must be an Illinois resident to use segments of CIS.)
- Explore local data on wages, jobs, and necessary education and training.
- Career Coach helps to assess your interests and identify career choices.
- Veterans, explore with your Military Occupation Code (MOC) identifying positions with matching skill sets.
- Explore information on more than 1,000 occupations, including work tasks, skills, abilities and values.
- From the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job outcomes and salaries by state are accessible.
Counseling and Advising Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
Regular Hours for the Glen Ellyn campus:
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please check with each off-campus center for their hours:
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage