- Counseling and Advising Services Home
- Advising Tools and Resources
- Career Exploration
- Personal Counseling
- Standards of Academic Progress (SOAP)
- Student Planning Worksheets
- Students on Academic Probation
- Transfer Information
- Undecided Students
- Email a Counselor
- Dean of Students
- Behavioral Intervention Team
Need direction? Not sure where you're headed?
Try one of the following:
- Meet with a counselor
- Explore your interests, abilities, values and desired lifestyle.
- Confront your career fears.
- Learn about career resources at the college and beyond.
- Take Education 1105, Career Development
- Sign up for a Career Exploration Workshop
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Horizons (Computerized Career Guidance system with Illinois database)
Enter ID: Illinois
Enter Password: careers
Click on Career Resources, then CIS: Career Information System
Learn how to use your self-directed search assessment results in your career development. You will receive strategies for gathering occupational information and using COD resources to assist in your job search. Fee: $10 Register for workshop
- Wednesday, June 20 - Noon to 1:30 p.m., BIC 3419
- Tuesday, July 24 - 6 to 7:30 p.m., BIC 3419
Combined Interest and Personality Inventories
Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory to discover how your personality and interests can guide your career development. Fee: $50
To register, go to registerblast.com/cod/exam and select Career Exploration Workshops: Combined Interests and Personality Inventories.
- Thursday, June 7, 5 to 9 p.m., SRC 3104
- Tuesday, July 10, 1 to 5 p.m., SRC 2030
- Resume and cover letter assistance to help you make a strong impression on potential employers.
- Interview coaching to help you present your skills to an employer and land the position.
- Internship opportunities to gain needed work experience and the opportunity to explore your major.
- Social media workshops to teach you how to start branding yourself in a new career.
Career and College Information Collection (CCIC)
The Career and College Information Collection (CCIC) provides information on career development and occupational choices. This multimedia collection assists you in planning your career and employment goals.
- Learn more about your career options with this interactive tool.
- Use the interest assessment to explore career options.
- Search tasks, skills and salary information for more than 900 careers.
- This site is for anyone searching for in-depth career resources. CIS offers information on occupations, programs of study and training, as well as Illinois and national schools.
- Log in as a guest by choosing your town name from a dropdown list and adding ZIP code. (You must be an Illinois resident to use segments of CIS.)
- Explore local data on wages, jobs, and necessary education and training.
- Career Coach helps to assess your interests and identify career choices.
- Veterans, explore with your Military Occupation Code (MOC) identifying positions with matching skill sets.
- Explore information on more than 1,000 occupations, including work tasks, skills, abilities and values.
- From the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job outcomes and salaries by state are accessible.
Counseling and Advising Services
Student Services Center (SSC), Room 3200, (630) 942-2259
Regular Hours for the Glen Ellyn campus:
Monday to Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please check with each off-campus center for their hours:
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage