Employee Print Information
Smart Print devices are located in various offices, office suites, classrooms and common areas throughout College of DuPage campuses. Copiers and printers are to be used for documents that are relevant to the day-to-day conduct of business at the College. High volume copy/print needs should be directed to the Staff Services Print Center in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 0515. Information regarding Print Center services, including pricing and the online web submission process, is available on the Staff Services website.
All devices are accessible via Mobile and Follow Me print, allowing users the flexibility to obtain prints at any location. To ensure security of printed documents, system requires employee authentication at the unit.
Using Smart Print Follow Me Printing:
- Register by scanning employee ID card at any Multifunctional Device (MFD) and enter COD user name and password.
- Use “SmartPrint Follow Me Printing” print driver when sending documents.
- Adjust print settings to your preference. NOTE: All devices are set to print two-sided and black-and-white by default.
- Swipe COD badge at any Smart Print device to release submitted documents. NOTE: Multifunctional Devices provide additional printing controls, copying and scanning.
Using Mobile Print
- Send an email with the attached documents for printing to: PrintBW@dupage.edu for black and white print job and to: PrintColor@dupage.edu for color print job.
- Wait for return email showing a list of documents submitted and instructions on how to release them.
Using my Print Queue
Documents can be managed in the print queue from any computer by logging in with COD credentials. Once logged in, users can upload files and view cost, delete files and review activity history.
Printing with Multiple Cost Codes
Employees with multiple departmental cost codes are able to direct their printing and copying expenses to a general ledger number that is associated with their responsibilities.
- Open a document and select the “Smart Print Follow Me Printing” print driver.
- In the “print job details” popup box, select the cost code relevant to the materials chosen to print. NOTE: Type in an asterisk (*) in the search box to refresh cost center list.
- Before releasing submitted documents from Multifunctional Device (MFD), user will have the opportunity to confirm or change the Cost Center Code. NOTE: Printer will release all jobs immediately.
- Documents will be held in the print queue for 24 hours.
- For assistance with Smart Print, contact: Faculty/Staff Support Center, in the Berg Instructional Center (BIC), Room 1417 . Phone: (630) 942-3500 Email: email@example.com
For more information regarding COD employee printing, visit COD employee portal → Smart Print Team Site
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage