Microbiology Research Guide
Databases: Links to databases indexing magazine, journal and newspaper articles
Library Catalogs: Books, videos and other audiovisuals
Reference Works: Find backgound information, illustrations and data
- Bergey's Manual of Determinative Bacteriology . Reference QR 81 .B47 2000
- Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology . 4 vols.
Reference QR 81 .B46 1989-2001
- Dictionary of Microbiology and Molecular Biology Credo Reference Online
- Encyclopedia of Environmental Microbiology . 6 vols.
Reference QR 100 .B58 2002
- Encyclopedia of Food Microbiology . 3 vols.
Reference QR 115 .E53 20001
- Encyclopedia of Microbiology.
4 vols. Reference QR 9 .E53 2000
- Encyclopedia of Virology .
3 vols. Reference QR 358 .E53 1999
Videorecording Sets: View important concepts in microbiology
- Biology of --- series from BioMedia:
- Unseen Life on Earth. 12 videos on microorganisms, their diversity, genetics, interactions, and importance to medicine, the environment and global politics. Circulation Desk QR 41.2 .U6 1999
Internet Science Sites: Major science gateways
Comprehensive search engine for science-specific topics. Results cite Science Web sites and provide abstracts from Medline, Science Direct, U.S. Patent office documents and more.
The gateway to government science information. Provides access to over 47 million pages of government science information from 30 databases and 1700 websites, many part of the "deep web" that is inaccesible to search engines.
- HighWire Press
A division of the Stanford University Libraries, this is the largest repository of free full-text life science articles in the world. Search for PubMed articles, access the contents of 780 HighWire hosted journals, and find listings in other free and pay-for-view sources.
Internet Microbiology Sites
Citing sources: MLA, APA and CBE (Biology) formats