Business Simulation Research Guide
- Business Plans Handbook: A Compilation of Actual Business Plans - HD 62.7 .B865 (Ref/Gen)
Actual business plans - the copies in General can be checked out.
Sample business, marketing and web site plans for specific
- Look for books in our collection that are titled "How to start". We have over 75 specific businesses covered.
- The Business Plan (streaming video) 27 minutes in length - Available online with a library card
This program spotlights two very different small-business owners-a physical therapist and a performance artist-who have something very important in common: a business plan. Over the course of the video, Peter Dolan and Neda Rahmani talk about the key components of a business plan: the executive summary and overview, the operations plan, the marketing plan, and the financial plan. Expert commentary is provided by Nicole Donegan, a business growth adviser with 20 years' experience in B2B and professional services marketing
- Business Strategies - HD 28 .B8 (Ref)
Up-to-date information on all aspects of starting and running a small business.
- State of Illinois Business Portal
Information on starting, running and changing a business in Illinois.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
The SBA has gathered a wide variety of resources for starting, financing and expanding your business anywhere in the United States.
Source for consumer market data, demographic data, and market segmentation data. Searchable by zip code, street, county, city and even a customizable radius.
- American FactFinder
Source for current U.S. social, demographic and economic statistics.
Management / Human Resources
- Marketing Research and Segmentation (streaming video) 20 minutes in length - Available online with library card
Moving from foundations to specific methods, this program examines the complex background work that must take place before a product or service can be positioned in the market. Surveys and analysis performed for the computer game company Electronic Arts provide an illuminating case study in field, quantitative, and qualitative research and how these overlap with explanatory, descriptive, and predictive research. Students learn about interview formats, questionnaires, sampling techniques, focus groups, and other ways to obtain customer feedback. Demographic, geographic, and psychographic approaches to market segmentation are illustrated with clear examples of their real-world applications
- BLR Encyclopedia of Personnel Forms - HF 5549.17 .B18 (Ref)
- The A-Z guide to federal employment laws for the small business owner -
KF1659 .E94 2011 (Ref)
- BLR's Job Descriptions Encyclopedia - HF 5549.5 .J613 B55
- Illinois Labor Market Information
- Personnel Manager's Encyclopedia of Prewritten Personnel
Policies - HF 5549.17 .P47 (Ref)
- The consultant's big book of reproducible surveys and questionnaires - HD69.C6 C6473 2003
- Making questions work : a guide to how and what to ask for facilitators, consultants, managers, etc. -
HM751 .S77 2007
Marketing / Advertising /Social Media
- Chicago Creative Directory - HF 5805 .C4 C4 (Ref)
- Direct Marketing List Source -
HF5861 .D5 (Ref)
- Local Online Advertising for Dummies -
HF6146.I58 C86 2010
- Social Networking for Business - Available online with library card
- The Facebook Era: Tapping Online Social Networks to Market, Sell and Innovate -
HD30.37 .S49 2011
- The Complete Idiot's Guide to Social Media Marketing -
HF5415.1265 .A24 2010
- Facebook Factor: Social Networking for Profit- Available online with library card
- Custom surveys within your budget : maximizing profits through effective online research design -
HF5415.2 .C66 2010
This excellent international business web site is maintained by Michigan State University.
- USCS's Market Research Library
Source for Market Research Reports, Country Commerical Guides, and Best Market Reports.
College of DuPage Library
Christine Kickels, Reference Librarian