Criminal Justice 1151 Research Guide
Research a Constitutional Law topic using resources suggested in this Research Guide. Possible topics might include: Government Wiretapping; Development of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights; Process to amend the U.S. Constitution; Free Speech and the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act; Future of Affirmative Action in the U.S.; US Supreme Court Justices and Federal Judges - Nomination/Appointment Process; Exclusionary Rule and the U.S. Supreme Court; In-depth Analysis of A Recent U.S. Supreme Court Case.
___Find Background Information
Browse through the Reference area of the Library to begin your research.
- Constitutional Amendments: From Freedom of Speech to Flag Burning -
Reference KF 4557 .P46
- CREDO REFERENCE. An online collection of reference books with thousands of full-text articles.
- Encyclopedia of Gun Control and Gun Rights. Reference KF 3941.A 68 U 88 2011
- Encyclopedia of Religion and the Law in America. Reference KF 4885 .A 68 A 54 2009
- Encyclopedia of the American Constitution - Reference KF 4548 .E53
- Encyclopedia of the First Amendment. Reference KF4770 .E 53 2009
- Evolving Constitution: How the Supreme Court Has Ruled on Issues from Abortion to Zoning
Ref KF 4548 .L54
- Gale's Encyclopedia of American Law Ref KF 154 .W47
- Gale Virtual Reference Library. An online collection of reference books with thousands of full-text articles.
- Great American Court Cases - Ref KF 385 .A4 G68
- Guide to the U.S. Supreme Court. Reference KF 8742 .W 567 2010
- The Oxford Guide to American Supreme Court Decisions. Reference KF 4548 .O 97 1999.
- The Philosophy of Law: An Encyclopedia. Reference K 204 .P 49 1999
- U.S. Constitution Research Guide (C.O.D. Library resources)
- Digest of United States Supreme Court Reports.
Ref KF 101.1 .D5
- U.S. Supreme Court Reports Ref KF 101 .U584
Search the COD Library Catalog to locate a book or a chapter in a book on your topic.
___Find Magazine and Journal Articles
Find an article on a Constitutional Law topic on one of the Library databases. You must have a valid College of DuPage library
card to access the electronic indexes and databases from off-campus.
___Find Newspaper Articles
- Chicago Tribune
Search the Chicago Tribune for newspaper articles on constitutional law topics that pertain specifically to Illinois.
- Proquest Newspapers (National)
Simultaneously search the Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post for newspaper articles on a constitutional law topic.
- More C.O.D. Library newspaper databases.
___Find Web Sites
Dan Blewett , Reference Librarian
Reference Desk: (630) 942-3364
ASK A LIBRARIAN for Help via E-MAIL