Criminal Justice 2230 Research Guide
Research a topic using resources suggested in this Research Guide. Topics might include: Crime laboratories; crime scene photography; autopsies; forensic entomology/anthropology/ondontology; evidence - firearms, impression, arson, toolmark, fingerprint, handwriting, sexual assault; human remains; cadaver dogs; CODIS (Combined DNA Index System).
___Books - Reference
Browse through the Reference area of the Library to begin your research.
- Criminal Investigation Handbook Ref KF 9619 .M3
- Encyclopedia of Crime Scence Investigation - Ref HV 8073 .N 49 2008
- Encyclopedia of Criminology - Ref HV 6017 .E 5295 2005
- Encyclopedia of Cybercrime - Ref HV 6773 .E 53 2009
- Encyclopedia of Forensic and Legal Medicine - Ref RA 1017 .E 53 2005
- Encyclopedia of Forensic Science - Ref HV 8073 .B425
- Encyclopedia of Forensic Sciences - Ref HV 8073 .E63
- Encyclopedia of High-Tech Crime and Crime-Fighting - Ref HV 6773 .N48
- Forensic Science: An Encyclopedia of History, Methods, and Techniques - Ref HV 8073 .T 55 2006
- Law of Electronic Surveillance Ref KF 9670 .C37
___Books - General
Search the COD Library Catalog for a book or a chapter in a book
on your topic.
___Magazine/Journal Articles Online
Find an article on your topic in one of the databases below. You must have a valid College of DuPage library card to access the databases from off-campus.
___Magazine Articles in Print
The following magazine titles in the Print Periodicals section might be useful for finding a topic as they often include articles on criminal investigation topics.
___Newspaper Articles Online
- Chicago Tribune
Search the Chicago Tribune for newspaper articles on local and national topics.
- National Newspapers
Simultaneously search the Chicago Tribune, Christian Science Monitor, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post for newspaper articles on your topic.
Dan Blewett , Reference Librarian
Reference Desk: (630) 942-3364